MAINLINE are no more!!! (1 Viewer)

The Brothers Movement is a diabolical name. I've never heard Mainline though.

I just took a look there (will listen later cos I can't in work). So this new band has the exact same line up as Mainline? But are going under a different name?

Can I ask why? I mean, if its just a change in musical direction, was a name change necessary?

For what its worth, I really liked Mainline when I first came across them. Just that I thought the type of stuff they were doing ran its course pretty quickly, but I always thought them decent musicians, and yer man a good singer.

I'm curious about this new direction.

I just took a look there (will listen later cos I can't in work). So this new band has the exact same line up as Mainline? But are going under a different name?

Can I ask why? I mean, if its just a change in musical direction, was a name change necessary?

For what its worth, I really liked Mainline when I first came across them. Just that I thought the type of stuff they were doing ran its course pretty quickly, but I always thought them decent musicians, and yer man a good singer.

I'm curious about this new direction.

its a different line up completly.

there are now 2 vocalists

a new drummer

minus 1 guitar player

and the music is completly different to what was done before.

plus they are no longer under johnny moys management.or anyones for that matter.

its quite compelling to read everything on here directed a mainline.
and makes for quite an interesting read. considering that at least 5 of the however many that replied to this were at the last mainline gig in dublin.
and were doing the usual sucking cock. at least post under an alias that wont get you caught out boys.

it is also amazing how mainline can stir such a negative vibe amongst the board. i think they would be most pleased with that for starters. But do you really think that they would have achieved what they have achieved in such a short time if they were that much of a terrible band.

its quite compelling to read everything on here directed a mainline.
and makes for quite an interesting read. considering that at least 5 of the however many that replied to this were at the last mainline gig in dublin.
and were doing the usual sucking cock. at least post under an alias that wont get you caught out boys.

Who that? This thread or a different one?

Mainline or The Brothers Movement

I think I speak for most people when I say;

"who?"

Haha my old band was in a battle of the bands with "Mainline" years ago in the Ballymun axis arts centre!

We didnt win, the Mainline came first and Dextra came second!

Now Dextra, there's a quaility band if i ever saw one!

Brothers movement?

The Bowel Movement more like

I've never heard of them so please disregard if they're really good

That's funny :D

I saw mainline in whelans. Quiet good, but heavily, heavily into the JAMC and Spiritualised and the BRMC who are also, heavily heavily into the JAMC and Spiritualised and also the Raveonettes who are also, heavily heavily into the JAMC and Spiritualised who were both heavily heavily into the VU.

That's funny :D

I saw mainline in whelans. Quiet good, but heavily, heavily into the JAMC and Spiritualised and the BRMC who are also, heavily heavily into the JAMC and Spiritualised and also the Raveonettes who are also, heavily heavily into the JAMC and Spiritualised who were both heavily heavily into the VU.

yeah JAMC / spiritualized are big fans of mainline, as mainline are them.

and of course BRMC were so impressed they took them on tour.

but these comparisons have been documented for many moons now,
its just lazy journalism on the writers part.

Aww shit, can't believe I missed an opportunity to suck the cocks of dudes as famous as Mainline! I could've got a plus one to the Brother's Movement debut gig. So what's the story then, Jesus and Spiritualized Iggy-isms and song titles about black honey swapped for Byrdsian country rock? It's all a bit too retro and too real for me.

Mainline or The Brothers Movement

I think I speak for most people when I say;

"who?"

oh my god man....you mean to tell me you dont know who mainline are?

they are this fucking amazing tribute band, they excel in JAMC, VU, spiritualized and BRMC covers.

Defo get to their next gig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back