Magazines that still exist... (1 Viewer)

I used to buy the Wire every month but I feel the quality of the interviews has dropped, either because some of the writers are trying to out-do themselves in being more serious than the next or the interviewees just aren't that interesting. I think it was always fairly obscure (I mean there was always a good chance that you had never heard of the artist featured on the cover each month) but instead of highlighting things that are genuinely exciting, it has become a bit of a clearing house for one or two CD-R wonders doing whatever genre-du-jour has being buying up most of the advertising space.

In contrast, I've been reading back issues on the loo and there's stuff from 15 years ago in it that still seems cutting edge. Maybe it's me though.

CCY5HA9W0AANAvU.jpg

I spent ages looking for Ireland's Own that had an article about a comic I worked on. It turned out it was the even more select publication "Ireland's Eye" I should have been looking for.

The guy I worked with on the comic was well chuffed and congratulated me for being in print in a national publication. I didn't let it go to my head.

I have never warmed to Ireland's Eye the way I have to Ireland's Own even though if memory serves me right Ireland's Eye has (slightly) higher production values.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back