Madonnas daughter (3 Viewers)

David Banda must be stashin all the razors.

lourdes-leon-fred-claus-premiere-01.jpg

all terribly mean

she reminds me of Derenzy

drenzy.jpg

Everything about that article is wrong on every kind of level.

That just made me incredibly sad. And sad for any teenager growing up right now. It was bad enough when you'd go into the school toilets and find something nasty written about you -- the whole novelty of the internet has just given more opportunities for the visciousness that already exists in some people to be more public than ever.

In ten or fifteen years, it'll probably get better, once two or three generations have grown up with things like MySpace and Bebo, but that's no use to anyone now.

Ugh. Poor chick.

That just made me incredibly sad. And sad for any teenager growing up right now. It was bad enough when you'd go into the school toilets and find something nasty written about you -- the whole novelty of the internet has just given more opportunities for the visciousness that already exists in some people to be more public than ever.

In ten or fifteen years, it'll probably get better, once two or three generations have grown up with things like MySpace and Bebo, but that's no use to anyone now.

jeeeeeeeeeesus.

i see the school toilets thing, but it's like it's expanded to that teenage suspicion that all these people secretly hate you and anything good that happens must be a set-up. except that's usually egocentric teenage fantasy , not some cruel, grown up nutjobs living down the street who are putting real effort into screwing you around. my heart feels a bit bruised after reading that.

Ugh. Poor chick.

Nasty shit about you on the internet is grand as long as you come back with a comeback that will make some one not say shit about you again. So a guy from wexford decided to make a mean comment about me under a photo on such a website as myspace or bebo. it turns out the chap has acne on his back and is a bit iffy about the whole thing so I responded

"I hear you have a legandary greasy spotty back! Are you the spawn of leo Burdock you fat bastard?"

No more insults from him, both our confindences are dented, but still its all over now. But still they should teach kids that if some one says shit to you on one of these sites you fucking distory them right back.

Im currently seeking revenge on some on that called me a spa and said I was going out with some one else in a random email that I wasnt meant to see.

jeeeeeeeeeesus.

i see the school toilets thing, but it's like it's expanded to that teenage suspicion that all these people secretly hate you and anything good that happens must be a set-up. except that's usually egocentric fantasy, not some cruel, grown up nutjobs living down the street who are putting real effort into screwing you around. my heart feels a bit bruised after reading that.

This is the thing. The internet fuels that paranoia that sets in when you spend a lot of time in that weird middle zone where you're communicating with people, but you're alone, and you can't see them to read their body language or pick up verbal nuances.

You can totally make friends on the internet, once those limitations are properly acknowledged and accounted for, but it also gives people with nasty intentions another way to prey on vulnerable people. The combination of a rather common paranoia associated with being a teenager AND with spending lots of time on the internet is quite scary. And because the internet is still relatively new, there's still a sense that you can turn around and haul out the 'only dorks make online friends' thing.

I wonder if similar kinds of things erupted among the first generation or two to grow up with home telephones? I remember getting really awful harrassing phone calls as a teenager, before the advent of caller ID, and it was the anonymity that was so frightening.

So it's not like any of this is new. It's just a new and very easy way to go about fucking with people. And adults driving kids to that point? Sadly, it happens all the time. The internet makes us feel like because we can't see people, we don't have to be responsible for any consequences of actions we take.

This is the thing. The internet fuels that paranoia that sets in when you spend a lot of time in that weird middle zone where you're communicating with people, but you're alone, and you can't see them to read their body language or pick up verbal nuances.

You can totally make friends on the internet, once those limitations are properly acknowledged and accounted for, but it also gives people with nasty intentions another way to prey on vulnerable people. The combination of a rather common paranoia associated with being a teenager AND with spending lots of time on the internet is quite scary. And because the internet is still relatively new, there's still a sense that you can turn around and haul out the 'only dorks make online friends' thing.

I wonder if similar kinds of things erupted among the first generation or two to grow up with home telephones? I remember getting really awful harrassing phone calls as a teenager, before the advent of caller ID, and it was the anonymity that was so frightening.

So it's not like any of this is new. It's just a new and very easy way to go about fucking with people. And adults driving kids to that point? Sadly, it happens all the time. The internet makes us feel like because we can't see people, we don't have to be responsible for any consequences of actions we take.

yeah, it'll be interesting to see what happens - i think it's definitely people and not the medium, but the ease and speed of communicating online, and finding people who might not be worth the effort of a few hours with a phonebook, short-circuits the process. but it's mostly the one-to-one, anyway, and it's talking in a way that maybe didn't exist with phones and was harder to strike up with letters. and at least my experience of letters (from zines and stuff) is that the intensity is missing, and that's the weird and addictive thing about meeting someone online (as friends or as sexy friends), where you skip the awkward real world parts and get to the core of it. but there's a reason you, er, talk about your stupid cats and school and your homework rather than love and sex and starving hearts.

i'm rambling. i was on the internet daily when i was thirteen (and i still haven't figured how to fake being cool) and i used to wish my real-life friends were all on it, but now i'm kind of glad i got there first. i used to read lots of the early books about people exploring the internet as users and they're like period pieces now, and instead of the weird tenacious pioneer types discovering the new world, there's all these filthy planters ruining it now with the same crap they filled their other lives with. sorry, no, NOW i'm rambling.

Suicide is bad enough as it is without some fucking hack attempting to make a screenplay about it and all the related individuals and circumstances. I feel queasy.

Just wondering if yiz know what lots of dark-haired girls (especially those with Mediterranean genes) look like before young adulthood makes them feel pressured to tweeze and bleach and all that shit? She's got the same eyebrows Salma Hayek has, and look how she turned out.

There's plenty of time for her to groom herself, she's only a wee lass, and probably isn't allowed to do all that grown up stuff (I wasn't allowed, and I can tell you: the utter humiliation of being known as 'gorilla girl' builds....character). We're just used to looking at young teenage girls that look like hairless Barbies and mini-starlets -- she just looks like a girl her age should look.

Plus, Madonna's her ma, she's gonna be alright. She could have Chewbacca for a da, and she'd still turn out lovely.

STOP BEING MEAN, BOYS.

hear hear!
I worked in a chemist's for a few years when I was in college, and part of my job was minding the reception at the beauty salon upstairs during lunch. I swear, there were 14 year old girls coming in for full leg waxes and bikini waxes before going on their hols - and they were brought by their mum! Mentalists.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back