Made up names for imaginary tribute bands (2 Viewers)

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard always sounded like a made up name for a tribute band.

Like you'd expect the name to come up alright, but one of them would have said "ah lads though", and then they'd all back down. But everyone waited for everyone else and the name stuck.

Pontins DC. Red jacketed handclapping family fun covers of the best thing to not come from The Liberties since seanc.

The Peteles
A Beatles tribute band made up of four guys called Pete

Cher Lookit
An Irish Cher tribute band

tlhIngan Hol vIghoj
A Klingon tribute to early 90's American boyband New Kids on the Block*

*Apparently these were originally a French Revolution-themed death/doom metal band who would have a guillotine placed behind the (middle) drummer. At the end of each performance, they would place a mannequin filled with beetroots in the guillotine and chop its head off. Jordan Knight joined the band in 1984 and, following what appears to have been a homoerotic wrestling tournament, "defeated" all the other members and gained what he called "cock supremacy". He sacked all the other members and went about forming the new version of New Kids on the Block. Knight made a commercial decision and totally changed the music and style of the band. Several years later one of the former members, who is unnamed due to an administrative error, was found in a remote cabin in Manitoba dressed as Napoleon. He was caught bothering a sheep and promptly arrested. He retold the story of New Kids on the Block on the prison walls using excrement, boot polish and semen.

No, they’re a Grateful Dead tribute act essentially. Awful stuff.
I have listened a good bit of The Grateful Dead - many hours - including early garage rock demos, live stuff and all their albums up to the early 70's.
They were a very boring folk / blues / Americana jamming band.
There's almost nothing psychedelic in their music to my ears apart from some phased effects on Anthem of the Sun LP (1968).

They had the most dry unappealing guitar sound.

I have listened a good bit of The Grateful Dead - many hours - including early garage rock demos, live stuff and all their albums up to the early 70's.
They were a very boring folk / blues / Americana jamming band.
There's almost nothing psychedelic in their music to my ears apart from some phased effects on Anthem of the Sun LP (1968).

They had the most dry unappealing guitar sound.
I agree. I have to imagine being on drugs watching them was actually the main appeal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back