M Ward (1 Viewer)

Lord Damian

listening to the new album, and it's quite good. Better than his last, up there with Transfiguration of Vincent.

any fans here? anyone seen him live? he's coming soon to T.O., playing da Mod Club (awesome room), can't wait. wondering if he'll have a full band (including strings...?) or will be alone up there.

Lord Damian said:
listening to the new album, and it's quite good. Better than his last, up there with Transfiguration of Vincent.

any fans here? anyone seen him live? he's coming soon to T.O., playing da Mod Club (awesome room), can't wait. wondering if he'll have a full band (including strings...?) or will be alone up there.

saw him in crawdaddy last year as part of b** r*****g with norfolk & western as his backing band - bass and drums. good show, some great moments - best was probably his frantic-picking opening song...

Lord Damian said:

I like him a lot but didn't realise he had a new album out. Is it on general release? I actually prefered the last one to Transfiguration of Vincent. My favourite remains his 2nd one - "End of Amnesia".

Never saw him live, that sounds deadly. Whats T.O?
I'm on two speeds today - slow and stop

Jimcorr said:
I like him a lot but didn't realise he had a new album out. Is it on general release? I actually prefered the last one to Transfiguration of Vincent. My favourite remains his 2nd one - "End of Amnesia".

Never saw him live, that sounds deadly. Whats T.O?
I'm on two speeds today - slow and stop
new one is to be released Aug 22, i have an advance copy.
T.O. is Toronto.
don't feel bad, my speed today is reverse.

i only know some of M.Wards stuff ... the songs that really stood out are Beautiful car, Scene from #12 and Fishing boat song from Duet for guitars # 2 album.

Caught a few songs when he played support to Beth Orthon and another time to Yo la tengo.... twas good good.....

buck said:
i only know some of M.Wards stuff ... the songs that really stood out are Beautiful car, Scene from #12 and Fishing boat song from Duet for guitars # 2 album.

Caught a few songs when he played support to Beth Orthon and another time to Yo la tengo.... twas good good.....
Beautiful car is on one of those loose compilations.
I like it a lot.
Is his album any good?
Every time I buy an album from someone on those loose compilations I find the beat track is on the compilation and I left with an album of weak alt-no-depression. Like tha guy Schneider from Mercury Rev or Neal Caseal.

Lord Damian said:

He's playing the Green Man festival too, on the 18th August. I'm dead excited about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back