LOW IN CHRISTCHURCH - CHRIST! (1 Viewer)

the bearded lady

Website
www.joanofarse.net
let the MCD debate ensue. from their site:

Humanitat present a very special one-off performance by LOW in the unique surroundings of Christchurch Cathedral, Dublin on Tuesday, April 23rd.

Low are Alan Sparhawk (guitars, vocals, keyboards), Mimi Parker (percussion, vocals), and Zak Sally (bass, keyboards).

They're also playing this year's Steve Albini-curated All Tomorrows Parties Festivals at Camber Sands, over two weekends in April.

Guest performance at the Christchurch event comes from SHANNON WRIGHT.

Tickets go on on sale from Ticketmaster outlets nationwide on Monday.

from me:

as usual its a pity its with mcd. but jaysus, i'd say it'd be deadly. if not only to see the mormons get one over on the prods by invading their church! (or is that catholic there?)
dunno how much. prolly 2,000 or summat........

it's not like they haven't done mcd gigs before. i just wish they'd done the kids afternoon gig in smithfield. bloody babies. bloody mormons. no rubbers. more babies. less secret gigs. grumble.

and in a kind-of-related enquiry, what'd y'all think of thee mighty godspeed you black emperor! on friday? me? me think: 'moya' very good. associated mcd fuckwittery not so good. sabrina sheehan, professional mcd hanger-arounder posing in v.i.p. section, really silly. having a v.i.p. section at a godspeed gig, even more silly. fucking hotpress.

actually no i reckon theyre both proddy, the only fenian one in dublin is the pro-cathedral which isn't even a proper cathedral, or so i recall from my days as a young child when everything was a little hazy.

Pat - you're right, there's no Catholic Cathedral in Dublin.
Only a Pro-Cathedral, which is a bit like a pro-vitamin.
Good for the hair.

Someone once told me it cost £5000 to hire Christchurch for a gig.

VIP section at Godspeed! Arf! What do the great Canadian hypocrites have to say about that?

[v.i.p. section probly more of a darraghpurcellism than a godspeedism i reckon...]

Ah, but what about all that cant about being at one with the audience, and retaking control, and "it's better to never get paid than to bank on depair and decay" or whatever that Silvet Mt. Zion lyric is?

Seems to me they're quite happy to give up control of their gigs and distsnce themselves from the audience. Of course, not talking to anyone doesn't make it any easier for them.

Still, it's probably good for the young folk to see that everybody's got their price.

Everyone bar Pete that is.

Keeror (27 Mar, 2002 11:47 a.m.):
Still, it's probably good for the young folk to see that everybody's got their price.

Everyone bar Pete that is.

Hah I sold out years ago.... Sorry, but I'm with Ted DiBiasie on this one. (Apart from the bit where he became a born again christian.)

Hah I sold out years ago.... Sorry, but I'm with Ted DiBiasie on this one. (Apart from the bit where he became a born again christian.)[/quote]

then will you and ted dibiasie be doing a sell out show in the provitamin christchurch?

delicious sweets (28 Mar, 2002 03:41 p.m.):
then will you and ted dibiasie be doing a sell out show in the provitamin christchurch?

that works on so many levels...

but in a word, no. In six words, he retired and now just preaches.

No DiBiasie is gone for good... unless he does a george foreman and comes back to pay for his new church....

oh and incidentally - the rock vs hogan on paddy's day was a truly great wrasslemania moment.

absolutely classic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back