Lord Of The Rings trilogy at the Lighthouse (1 Viewer)

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
tempted...

THE LORD OF THE RINGS Marathon at Light House Cinema

In anticipation of the release of THE HOBBIT: AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY, Light House Cinema are setting aside Sunday December 9[SUP]th[/SUP] to play all three of Peter Jackson’s THE LORD OF THE RINGS films on the big screen.

Eleven years after the release of the first film in the trilogy, The Fellowship of the Ring, film fans once again have the chance to see the film in the cinema, as big and loud as it was intended to be. From the warmth of the Shire to the magic of Rivendell and the depths of the Mines of Moria and beyond, The Fellowship of the Ring brings together the seven who are tasked with ensuring the magical ring is destroyed at all costs.

The Two Towers follows each strand of the now separated fellowship as they work towards keeping Frodo and Sam safe on their journey to the fires of Mount Doom with their new companion, Gollum. Vitally, the remaining members of the fellowship must keep Middle Earth from falling to the armies of Saruman which leads to one of the most beautifully staged and epic battles in all of cinema, the battle at Helm’s Deep. Clocking in at almost forty minutes, this sequence deserves a viewing on the big screen!

The final film, The Return of the King, continues the quest through the wonderful world of Middle Earth. From the kingdom of Gondor, now all that stands between good and evil, to a thrilling conclusion at Mount Doom.

Both fans of The Trilogy and those who have never seen them now have the opportunity to see them on 35mm prints at Light House Cinema, Smithfield. There’ll be snacks for breakfast, second breakfast, elevenses, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and supper available from the café with wines and beer worthy of The Prancing Pony in the bar to keep attendees refreshed on their epic journey from The Shire to Mordor…and back again.

Tickets for each film cost €9 (€7.50concession) and are available to buy online, on the Light House Cinema iPhone app and in person at Box Office. A season pass to all three films is available for €19.50 and can only be purchased in person from the box office or by phoning 01 872 8006.

Times:
Sunday 9[SUP]th[/SUP] Dec
The Fellowship of the Ring – 12noon
The Two Towers – 3.30pm
The Return of the King – 7.30

THE HOBBIT: AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY opens in 2D & 3D at Light House Cinema on December 14[SUP]th[/SUP]

Tickets for THE LORD OF THE RINGS and THE HOBBIT are on sale now at www.lighthousecinema.ie

tumblr_mcoseoRj351r2dmg9o1_500.jpg

Watched the three special editions one year with friends as a post christmas / pre new-years booze fest. Over 12 hours it was. Unlike me, they were fans, but it was a really joyless experience for all, even though we were playing a drinking game where you drank every time they said "ring". It was a good hour and a half before anyone said it in The Two Towers.

I see my share of shit films, but the thought of watching this very long walk with some scraps along the way, chills even my numb movie bum.

And if anyone tried to make me watch the denouement of the last one again - I mean talk about fucking closure - I would honestly fucking go for them.

Not for me, but I hope the nerds have fun.

I'd rather watch all the Jar-Jar Binks scenes from Star Wars Episode 1 than sit through the end of Return Of The King again.
I saw Return Of The King twice in the cinema. The second time, I just walked out after the last battle.

I'd rather watch all the Jar-Jar Binks scenes from Star Wars Episode 1 than sit through the end of Return Of The King again.
I saw Return Of The King twice in the cinema. The second time, I just walked out after the last battle.

Yeah that last movie is so shit. Embarrassing that it won all those Oscars. Then again the book was shit so you can hardly blame Peter Jackson et al that much

If the Scouring of the Shire had been in there, and done properly, then no problem. The end absolutely needs that in order to maintain a semblance of composure.
Instead, we were treated to half an hour of dickheads that had been cutting too many onions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back