Looking for Bands!! (1 Viewer)

one of my mates bands will be up for that id say
they just started doin gigs but their fuckin deadly

i'll let them know
theyre playing the hub on monday if you wanna hear them before hand
its free in i think , they're called channel one
you dont need to tell me theres other acts with this name ,i know, but the kids
today just dont listen

I thought the Boom Boom Room was Outkast's Poledancing venue(basement)

Anthony said:
jesus, pay attention people. Its above Conways on Parnell Street.

oh sorry, that's the northide.
born in fucking britland, then raised in the slurry heaps o'meath.
just what IS your fucking allegiance with the knacker northside?
jew think it'd stop them kicking holy gay jebus outta ye, ye prick?!

Wow, I posted this puppy ages ago! Anyway, to answer some questions....

Where is The BBR?

Its just up from the Ambassador, off top of o'Connell St, above Patrick Conways Pub, 70 Parnell St to be presice. (You've probably scooped in it if you've been to an Ambassador gig...)

What is the BBR?

The Boom Boom Room is a small, intimate venue (approx 80-100..although we've had 180+), that focuses on "Musical Fringes"... There are loads of Rock Venues etc and the BBR was set up to showcaes other musical styles without being bias to any style. Currently the venues main focus is Jazz, as, believe it or not there are only 3 regular jazz clubs in the city. We aim to take the sometimes elitist bullshit out of the genre thats not oft understood and everyone can take it or leave it. It doesn't matter, as good music is good music regardless of genre. I post about jazz gigs that I think people would like to check out for this reason. The other main focus of the venue is an acoustic based showcase called "The Microset Sessions" which is a high quality platform for emerging and established original talent. This usually means Singer Songwriter guitar players. But it is not limited to Solo artists. we have had great nights where rock outfits have performed excellent acoustic, stripped down versions of their material. We've had laptops,cellos,harps,digeredoos and all sorts of shit on stage so this is open to all! The Sessions are limited to 4-5 acts per night with each act getting 25 mins to showcase their work.
Currently we run Thursday , Friday and Saturday but we hope to expand this and hence the original post. More nights = more scope for different genres.
The BBR is by no means a "pay to play BS" venue. Hard working acts are paid for thier efforts from the door.
Also we are looking to get a late licence as I really want to do some electronica/late nite DJ groove thing after the live acts are finished.
Any help or suggestions about booking electronica acts etc would be greatly appreciated! I am always looking for unusual, experimental music so if you know anyone please let me know!
So come along, check it out. If you think it's shit, no worries. It probably isn't for you then..

Why is the BBR?
Why not..

How much is the BBR?
Thursdays and Saturdays: Admission is €6 / €5 as ever for thumped forum members (Just say thumped at the door)
Friday nite: "The Microset Sessions": a whopping €3 on the Door or 2 persons for €5!

Thats about it. Any q's drop me a line at above address.
Sorry this post is so wordy, those of you that read it all..... Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back