Looking for a manager! (1 Viewer)

slimjimmyg

Craic! My band have made it a priority this year to get a manager. We've just recorded a session for Dan Hegarty's show on 2fm, been featured in the new music section of the Irish Times and had plenty of airplay all over the country. You can hear tracks and read a bio on the band at www.breakingtunes.com/constantsupply

If anyone's interested or knows of anyone that would be let me know.

Cheers!

We need somone who knows what they're doing, to help us get the right gigs, promote us, someone with plenty of contacts, because I only have a handful, which is fook all! We did everything ourselves last year and did ok but just feel getting a manager is the next logical step.

We need a manager who has contacts, can get us good gigs, knows what he's doing, can promote us. We did everything ourselves last year and did ok but feel the next logical step is to get a manager, every band that's doing well has one.

Is this him?

0000E9DE-B6C8-13CB-AB570C01AC1BF814.jpg

We need a manager who has contacts, can get us good gigs, knows what he's doing, can promote us. We did everything ourselves last year and did ok but feel the next logical step is to get a manager, every band that's doing well has one.

in most cases you'll find that the band has a manager because they are doing well, rather than doing well because they have a manager, if you get my drift. the grunt work was done by the band themselves. still, if you can find someone willing to put the hours in on your behalf then fair play. 15% of fuck all is still fuck all.

There's a good article on Josh Ritter's blog (do a google and you'll find it) that is written by his manager and talks about what managers do and his work with Josh Ritter. The gist of it is that the situation where big-shot manager arrives on scene and magically drives band onto the "next level" is a rare thing. Often the more successful artist/manager relationships (particularly these days) are ones which grow together from an early stage. So, for example the "manager" might start off as a friend of the band who is enthusiastic about the music and starts helping them book gigs or design posters or making phone calls for them etc etc and then gradually takes on a more formal role as things progress. It's worth a read.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back