London Questions (1 Viewer)

Jill Hives

Once Removed
Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
Website
25.media.tumblr.com
I have to book a flight and hotel for a work conference in April. I will be staying in the St. Pancras area so which airport would be eaiser to fly into? Also, I was going to make a weekend out of it (since I have never really been to London save a few hours) but sadly, I will be on my own. So I decided just to fly in the day before and will go back when I have someone to explore with. What can one do on Sunday afternoon/night on their own in London?

right now ryanair are doing gatwick flights for a fiver.
i always fly to gatwick then get the (very convenient) Gatwick express train into London Victoria. from there you can take a short tube ride to KC/St Pancras

i always fly to gatwick then get the (very convenient) Gatwick express train into London Victoria. from there you can take a short tube ride to KC/St Pancras

I wondered if that would be better than dealing with Heathrow, duly noted. Now what to do on a Sunday? What is open?

you gotta go to the London Dungeon imho

just stay at the back to avoid audience participation. it's my favourite thing to do in London

ha! i did that last time i was there. i didnt much enjoy the sweeney todd bit though.....FREAK OUT!

other things to do: natural history museum - go see archie the squid.

also tower of london does a good tour.

there's both Tate galleries, the Borough Market, and cupcakes in Portobello. literally hundreds of things you can do. buy a street map and away you go :)

I have to book a flight and hotel for a work conference in April. I will be staying in the St. Pancras area so which airport would be eaiser to fly into? Also, I was going to make a weekend out of it (since I have never really been to London save a few hours) but sadly, I will be on my own. So I decided just to fly in the day before and will go back when I have someone to explore with. What can one do on Sunday afternoon/night on their own in London?

Head over to the south bank. BFI, hayward gallery, tate modern, the globe theatre, national theatre, south bank centre, borough market. I spent aday wandering around there recently on my tod and it was sweet.

Aer Lingus also serve Gatwick, and can be cheaper at times.

First Capital Connect also run a train service from Gatwick to St Pancras (takes about 45 minutes, its their Brighton to Bedford service)

That's your best bet.

I'd go to the Design museum ii I were you, a geeky designer friend of miine brought me a while back no I always make a point to go when I'm in London, probably one of my favourite ever museums

I moved to near london last year and I still haven't done any of this sort of stuff at all :( roll on Easter holidays

Lets be friends and go to things together! :p
we could go throw stuff at these fellahs?
swiss-guards.jpg

This could be the start of a beautiful friendship...

Have you bothered to do the London Eye? The only reason I can think of to go up is to take pictures, and even then, meh

This could be the start of a beautiful friendship...

Have you bothered to do the London Eye? The only reason I can think of to go up is to take pictures, and even then, meh
yeah, meh to that. if you head up to hamstead heath, ye can get a deadly view of the whole city. really nice area too.

I live up the road from Richmond Park and there's a view over London that's kinda spectacular, plus the park is beautiful

I've just finished working in London after two and a half years.

coming back here?

no lady-visit to London should be complete without a visit to Oxford St Topshop. And take a little pop into Liberty too. Lovely Liberty. From there you can stroll to Covent Gaaaaahden and buy some more shit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back