Lock Up Your Daughters (1 Viewer)

jane

Website
www.ittybittyhearingtrumpet.wordpress.com
Re: Boards.ie is being sued by MCD...

True enough but how many would actually complain if there was trouble.

What will happen now is that the sexual assault which would have been of minor interest normally will now be reported on by all of the media.

How willing will parents be to let their dughters go next year after that has been covered to death over the next few months.

The same press release could have been put up on boards weeks ago and would have done MCD far more good.

You know, this is kind of off-topic, but, since apparently no one is reading my posts anyway, and people seem to prefer name-calling to actual debate, I give up. I find it really interesting that when a woman is raped by a man, everyone wants to keep the women home. There's never any talk of not confining potential rapists to their homes because, "Oh, that woudl treat them like criminals!" No, let's lock up our daughters, for their wanton desires cause men to commit these heinous crimes against our property.

Anyway. Carry on.

You know, this is kind of off-topic, but, since apparently no one is reading my posts anyway, and people seem to prefer name-calling to actual debate, I give up. I find it really interesting that when a woman is raped by a man, everyone wants to keep the women home. There's never any talk of not confining potential rapists to their homes because, "Oh, that woudl treat them like criminals!" No, let's lock up our daughters, for their wanton desires cause men to commit these heinous crimes against our property.

Anyway. Carry on.

And when peoples sons are beaten up walking around dodgy areas at night.............?

And when peoples sons are beaten up walking around dodgy areas at night.............?

1. Being raped is not the same as being beaten up, which is traumatic indeed, but not the fucking same. And anyway, when anti-social behaviour is a problem, the ASBO and the curfew are the things put out for discussion -- dealing with the potential offenders, and the actual offenders. When it's a serial rapist, it's the women who are kept at home.
2. Anyway, I specifically said 'when a woman is raped by a man'.

I find it really interesting that when a woman is raped by a man, everyone wants to keep the women home. There's never any talk of not confining potential rapists to their homes because, "Oh, that woudl treat them like criminals!" No, let's lock up our daughters, for their wanton desires cause men to commit these heinous crimes against our property.
This has me baffled. You mean you want parents to keep their sons at home in case they rape someone?

On the rape sub-plot: When the Yorkshire Ripper was going about his business and young girls were going missing the authorities introduced a curfew for women.

Seems to me it would have made more sense to have a curfew for men...

I know that was some time ago but a recent survey of attitudes in Britain found that a majority of people still believed women were somehow to blame for being raped... that us men can't control ourselves and that it's up to women to control us rapacious beasts.

This has me baffled. You mean you want parents to keep their sons at home in case they rape someone?

Not at all. I don't think anyone should be kept home like that, and never would advocate that sort of thing. My point is that no one seems to bat an eyelash when it is suggested that people lock up their daughters because there's a rapist on the loose. OBVIOUSLY, the reality of the situation is you're going to take more care of your personal safety in a bad area or in a potentially dangerous situation, but the fact is, why is it not ridiculous to lock up women and girls if it is ridiculous to lock up boys and men who didn't do anything wrong?

I very clearly stated that no one should be locked up, but made the comparison in order to illustrate how stupid it is in the first place. But now watch everyone erupt into "JANE HATES ALL MEN AND THINKS THEY ARE ALL RAPISTS!" Conveniently ignoring what I actually said. Never fails.

Let me summarise again:

1. Girls should not be locked up.
2. Boys should not be locked up.
3. When people are held accountable for their actions, entire groups don't need to be viewed with such suspicion 'just in case'.

Ah, this can of worms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Intentions

Seems to me it would have made more sense to have a curfew for men... and women wearing strap-ons

Hey I didn't say that!

I'm going to sue you, Pete, everyone on Thumped and all men!

"JANE HATES ALL MEN AND THINKS THEY ARE ALL RAPISTS!"

scum.jpg

I was just talking to someone about this the other day and wondering the same thing.

Dear Jane,

I want to pop outside for a sandwich... and while I'll probably be able to control my basest of urges (f.y.i I cracked one out in the shower this morning)... I can only be 99.99999999999% certain that I won't defile someone ( or something, I'm a man after all, who knows how deep my depravity reaches!?!) on the way to the local Spar... what should I do?

yours

Alone, Hungry and Confused in Moate

Dear Jane,

I want to pop outside for a sandwich... and while I'll probably be able to control my basest of urges (f.y.i I cracked one out in the shower this morning)... I can only be 99.99999999999% certain that I won't defile someone ( or something, I'm a man after all, who knows how deep my depravity reaches!?!) on the way to the local Spar... what should I do?

yours

Alone, Hungry and Confused in Moate

Well, I'll tell you. Call all of the local parents' groups and remind them to lock up their daughters. Then strut around with your cock out, as is your right.

Ugh. I WAS NOT TALKING ABOUT some 'male depravity'. I was talking about how it's ludicrous to just go around locking ANYONE up who didn't do anything wrong. Obviously, people want to protect their children from harm, and should, but the point is, locking anyone up isn't the solution -- whether it's women or men -- because then we just have a society where everyone is afraid of each other all the time.

And anyway, the fact is, locking up our daughters is also about an antiquated and weird myth about 'male depravity', it's just that it's taken out on women. You lock up women so that depraved men can't rape them: it's just as insulting to men as it is to women.

But anyway, people don't see that, and won't, because it's much more fun to go, "OOOOH LOOK AT THE MANHATER!" when I've said nothing of the kind.

Well, I'll tell you. Call all of the local parents' groups and remind them to lock up their daughters. Then strut around with your cock out, as is your right.

Ugh. I WAS NOT TALKING ABOUT some 'male depravity'. I was talking about how it's ludicrous to just go around locking ANYONE up who didn't do anything wrong. Obviously, people want to protect their children from harm, and should, but the point is, locking anyone up isn't the solution -- whether it's women or men -- because then we just have a society where everyone is afraid of each other all the time.

And anyway, the fact is, locking up our daughters is also about an antiquated and weird myth about 'male depravity', it's just that it's taken out on women. You lock up women so that depraved men can't rape them: it's just as insulting to men as it is to women.

But anyway, people don't see that, and won't, because it's much more fun to go, "OOOOH LOOK AT THE MANHATER!" when I've said nothing of the kind.

ah I'm only pulling your wang, calm down you big clam diver

:) :) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back