Living in Limerick? (1 Viewer)

Bag'o'cans

There's a course that sounds interesting i'd like to do in limerick but i'm not to keen on spending five years in Limerick. Anyone here live in Limerick, what's it really like from a thumpeter point of view. I'm not concerned about the whole stab city hype, I have relatives there and i've been recently, it seems to be changing but still............ 5 years - limerick!

I'm in Limerick. I think it's pretty ok but the worst thing is the only rock pub (a horrible dump - The High Stool) closed recently and now there isn't really any regular venue for bands. Quinn's is closing too which was the place where most of the metaller/punk/goth/scensters had their first drinking-in-a-pub experience. There's hardly any decent pubs left in the town anymore. There's not much to say about Limerick actually. I'd say you'd find it alright but it's certainly not party central.

What's the course anyway?

Architecture, but with a strong emphasis on the environment.
I've heard of these shit pubs in Limerick, sounds so tempting, so is there anything goes on at all? Not that into the bands though myself, more the tekno end of the stick.
Curses why couldn't they have done it in cork or something.

Eh, techno? Hmmm, there's this crowd called New Killa Beats who play Dolans (always a yoke-fest) every so often. I think they might be house music or sammat. Big DJs play Trinity Rooms the odd time too but they could be really naff ones, I wouldn't know!
Stuff goes on, sure, but not much of it. I like sitting outside The Locke bar on a sunny day and seeing the rockabilly band play The Locke of a Thursday night. Man, I sound like I'm obsessed with pubs now. I'm not though. Seriously, you have to "make your own fun" in Limerick.

I'm from rimlick. gave up on the place. used to be deadly craic. a little hint of danger in the air. tracksuits. loads of cheap shitty drugs and some great pubs. saw my only ever full on street riot there. great fun for a teenager. :)

maybe I'm romanticising.. anyway, sucks now. could never go back.

on the bright side, cork's only a quick hour or so down the road. you know people down here, no?

high stool closing down? thats a pity.

if you're going to be living in castletroy where UL is,liking your neighbours depends on your age and whether you enjoy 'doing skids' in the early hours of the morning on the road in your Waterford,or Galway regestration car what has a spoiler and a decal of a lightning bolt on the side of it

FancyGoods said:
high stool closing down? thats a pity.

if you're going to be living in castletroy where UL is,liking your neighbours depends on your age and whether you enjoy 'doing skids' in the early hours of the morning on the road in your Waterford,or Galway regestration car what has a spoiler and a decal of a lightning bolt on the side of it
CASTLEDESTROY!!!

Its only one option of many limerick, don't really like the idea of 5 years there, but an interesting course to me. meh?:(

Thanks anyhoo.
Cork, ya, kinda know people there. sounds like a good spot.

Where's the course? UL or LIT? Either way, do yourself a favour and live in town (if you decide to come) rather than near the college. You don't want to live in a stinky student ghetto do you?

edit - d'oh! Just saw bag 'o can's post!

broken arm said:
if you need any help in the application i may be able to help - time permitting!!!!!!
What do you do?, wouldn't be til next year, probably won't be going to limerick anyway.
Just got busted for not doing a tap all day, damn you thumped. Now to get a bus outta here, later everyone.

Bag'o'cans said:
What do you do?, wouldn't be til next year, probably won't be going to limerick anyway.
Just got busted for not doing a tap all day, damn you thumped. Now to get a bus outta here, later everyone.

i do things with the environment.

i've been in limerick for nearly 5 years now and have had some good times here. it seems to have quietened down a bit in the last year or so in terms of gigs and stuff. dunno what the current status of the amc is. there's cool art happenings at the belltable, st. john's church and the municipal art gallery. i find it pretty cheap to live here, so i never feel guilty about goin boozin mid-week!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back