Line 6 Dealy pedals smoking (1 Viewer)

mackle

I got a Line 6 Delay there at Christmas. IT was working fine and then last Saturday I noticed the red light flashing on it to say the battery was dying. So I went and bought another one but the light still was flashing. So I just left it for a while and went back to it on Tuesday not thinking about it being weird the other day. Plugged it in to the guitar and amp. Try to start playing and theres no sound. Then I look down and see that the pedal has smoke coming out of it!

Anyone know what it might be? Probably just gonna send it back but I'm afriad I might have down something to it that means I cant get a refund or exchange

Ciaran Mackle said:
Anyone know what it might be? Probably just gonna send it back but I'm afriad I might have down something to it that means I cant get a refund or exchange

Almost definitely it's a manufacturing defect.
Send it back, get a replacement.

nah as a pedal they're good, soops - not what i meant - just heard nothign but nothing but nothing but bad things about how they will without fail die within a year

MONDOBRUTALE said:
if it's one of those green line 6 looping pedals - they're rubbish and unreliable

Yeh its one of them. Ah thats really annoying. They sound great though which really pisses me off. MIght try get a refund and invest in something else.

a boomerang
boomerang_LRG.jpg

Bleh, if you want a looper that Akai head rush looks pretty good. Tony Conrad uses one and he's fucking Avant maaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnn!

yeah ian williams had one headrush running to a marshall and one running to a fender twin. they're great pedals, very clear tone and a good delay option on them as well.

he now uses a boomerang in battles
runs an organ and a guitar into it, i think, or else he has two, but either way they can take two totally seperate tracks
braxton uses it as well
they're expensive though.

do not get a boss RC 20. they have loads of fancy functions but are very impractical to use, more over the tone of the loop is very shit.

ps at the moment hornby is running a headrush as a delay pedal only, he had another for looping but the switch has been damaged. he's using a line6 for looping at the moment and had wanted to use an RC 20 but it sounds a bit wick. the line6 is also useful with it's 'one shot' function - minus the bear guitar player from botch used that in EVERY fuckin song. it's cool.
boomerang seems to be the way to go.

oh shit said:
ps at the moment hornby is running a headrush as a delay pedal only, he had another for looping but the switch has been damaged.

boomerang seems to be the way to go.
#

Does the headrush have an 'undo' function..? I've got loads of tunes which use my line 6's loop function, but it's a complete bastard if you play something wrong.. makes me nervous to use it live..

Love the delay tho - had it a year and a half and no smoke yet either..

Have to check out that boomerang.. looks expensive tho..

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back