Limerick Boatclub (2 Viewers)

Top venue alright - only bad thing i saw there was Anti-Product, but i must admit i kind of enjoyed giving them the finger mid-set, so alls not lost with that night.
Boatclub Top 5!
*Scientific Bong/Boys of Summer.
*Windings first few gigs.
*Hero Dishonest/Dagda/Easpa Measa
*Fursaxa
*Rollers/Sparker - Holy Ghost Fathers (first boatclub gig for me i think)

Would love to have seen Captain Moonlight there :(

was at all those bar fursaxa. so many good gigs in limerick at the height og the amc and since...hard to remember half of the bands that passed through!

highlights:

Montana Pete,
Check Engine....members of sweep the leg johnny, fuckin great band.
Ensign
Capdown
Lords
and loads others i cant remember now.

If they put a spar with flats over it down there theres really no hope left for this country

Check Engine....members of sweep the leg johnny, fuckin great band.

Ahaha!!
Forgot about that.Probably THE best gigs i was at there - one of the best gigs i was at full stop.A special night indeed.Some gobshite pulled the power switch, but it all fitted in perfectly with the music.

Most gringworthy (but still fun) night was watching the guy from Murder of Rosa Luxembourg standing on a table bawling emotionally all over those of us standing below him.
Another night i remember being seated up front at Feverdream when singer pushed the mic forward and hit my mate joe(pint a stoat in hand, stoned) on the head.Oh the memories.:eek:

r.i.p. boatclub. thanks to ross and paudie for all the good tymes there over the last year and to previous management for gigs there over the previous years. thanks to everyone who came down to the gigs there. thursday night was insane. sorry to anyone we couldn't let in, it was packed. recent favourite gigs were nalle, cap pas cap, lords, larkin grimm, threads, quack quack, etc. etc. etc.

r.i.p. boatclub. thanks to ross and paudie for all the good tymes there over the last year and to previous management for gigs there over the previous years. thanks to everyone who came down to the gigs there. thursday night was insane. sorry to anyone we couldn't let in, it was packed. recent favourite gigs were nalle, cap pas cap, lords, larkin grimm, threads, quack quack, etc. etc. etc.

whats happening the place? surely isnt getting knocked>?

the boat club is to limerick what sydney opera house is to sydney.

they cant knock it ffs!

I think it misses "listed building" states by about ten years. I think its 150 years and older is protected but boat club is 130-something according to the signs on the wall..

Age isn't the only category for listed buildings, though.

attachment.php

Id say you enjoyed work on friday Ivan!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back