Lilt (1 Viewer)

I just want that totally tropical taste right now, goddammit!

Me ma used to buy us cidona on holidays when all the adults were drinking cider, in a kind of ''well, it's almost identical to actual cider, so you're not missing out on anything" type of way. For some reason we accepted this, even though none of us kids were dancing around singing rebel songs on a beach at four o'clock in the morning after lashing a load of Cidona into us.

Me ma used to buy us cidona on holidays when all the adults were drinking cider, in a kind of ''well, it's almost identical to actual cider, so you're not missing out on anything" type of way. For some reason we accepted this, even though none of us kids were dancing around singing rebel songs on a beach at four o'clock in the morning after lashing a load of Cidona into us.

i rejected wholesale my parents' insistence on me using a straw cause i figured swigging from the bottle of cidona was the way to go...
wasnt fucking wrong either.

Tanora.jpg

Speakin of fizz, I was in a boozer off Parnell st... Stoney's I think it's called... after me exam yesterday. I didn't want to drink coz I was playin records later so I sez 'gis a horinge juice' and the lad goes 'I've club orange' and I sez meekly 'a pineapple juice?' and he goes 'I've got club orange'. So I said, eh, 'gimme a still water then' and he goes 'I've got sparkling'. Of course by this stage I was so scarlet by the fact that I was asking for a mineral water that I said 'ok. I don't really do fizz, but that'll do'. (my tenner already in the till).
Lesson: drink fizz in the hood.

My mum used to let us drink Club Shandy on special occasions - you know the one that was about .5% alcohol or something like that... she was cool that way.

lilt is virtually impossible to purchase in can form around dublin.
anyone who can find it post up the shop and location here.

Come up with some excuse to go to the Coca Cola head office. They have a fridge stocked with all Coke products. And it's all free!

I used to think that ad was for milk.::clef::MILK! with a totally tropical taste! Pineapple and grapefruit::clef::
Didn't make any sense.

My mum used to let us drink Club Shandy on special occasions - you know the one that was about .5% alcohol or something like that... she was cool that way. By Squiggle[/QUOTE]

that tasted really good. was your standard club can....but brown.
some shops wouldnt sell it to under18s i remembver. i think it was .05% or .0something % anyway. which, if im right makes not selling it to underagers all the more ridiculous.

yeah i remember when my sister was babysitting me, she and her friends would walk down to the shop and would buy a rock shandy each and single cigarettes for about 20pence a piece.
maybe a few kola bars aswell.

"here, gillian, keep sketch"

i felt so cool.

that tasted really good. was your standard club can....but brown.
some shops wouldnt sell it to under18s i remembver. i think it was .05% or .0something % anyway. which, if im right makes not selling it to underagers all the more ridiculous.

Yep, that's the stuff. It tasted really nice. What happened to it? I haven't seen it in years.

Speakin of fizz, I was in a boozer off Parnell st... Stoney's I think it's called... .

great pub. theyd let you run up a tab and you could get a pizza delivered to eat with your pints

Speaking of soft drinks though, Lilt is disgusting

If a fizzy drink hasnt been lauded by a hairy rocker then its no good to me

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yep, that's the stuff. It tasted really nice. What happened to it? I haven't seen it in years.

shandy is just beer and 7up though, right? i dont remember much about club shandy, but i'm guessing it was the same, only with "beer flavour" instead of beer?

whiskey and red lemonade is nice. the reddness helps somehow.

This is true... but if you have to mix it with red lemonade to make it palitable then you shouldn't be drinking it in the first place!

i brought back a load of J&B whiskey from spain a few months ago, and its pretty horrible tasting. i'm usually ok with straight whiskey, but that stuffs gross.

malibu and coke is pretty nice. reminds me of red skittles. red.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back