Life and Limb (1 Viewer)

La La

i drink your milkshake
would you risk your life to help someone else? like if you passed a burning house and heard a baby screaming inside, would you really go inside and try and get it out, knowing full well you might not make it?

La La said:
would you risk your life to help someone else? like if you passed a burning house and heard a baby screaming inside, would you really go inside and try and get it out, knowing full well you might not make it?

Burning house etc - likely - would depend on the situation.
Though, seeing the news about that 51 yr old guy in Leixslip who was killed coming to the rescue of 2 blokes being attacked outside his house made me think twice about situations like that.

a332.gif

what got me thinking was a Cathay Pacific pilot who was an avid diver. theres this famous place to dive in south africa and this one guy Deon died there 10 years ago. anyway the pilot saw his body there and vowed to go down to recover it - very risky job. he died doing it leaving behind a wife and child. very sad, but heroic, no?

Dunno about heroic, could be argued that it was an incredibly selfish thing to do.The guy was dead and wasn't going anyplace fast and the other guy had a family(priorities!) i wonder what his wife and kids perspective be on it?

La La said:
what got me thinking was a Cathay Pacific pilot who was an avid diver. theres this famous place to dive in south africa and this one guy Deon died there 10 years ago. anyway the pilot saw his body there and vowed to go down to recover it - very risky job. he died doing it leaving behind a wife and child. very sad, but heroic, no?

heroic maybe but attempting to fish a body out of the water while piloting an aircraft sounds a bit overambitious to me, to the point of foolishness even.

edit: nevermind:eek:

Miss Piggy said:
heroic maybe but attempting to fish a body out of the water while piloting an aircraft sounds a bit overambitious to me, to the point of foolishness even.

what a nice thing to say during the week of two massive aviation disasters....

:rolleyes:

La La said:
what a nice thing to say during the week of two massive aviation disasters....

:rolleyes:

well i thought you meant he was flying a plane and saw the body in the water and flew the plane down to the water and tried to bring the body on to the plane to fly it back to the family. this before you posted the link to the story, im just up etc i dont think its too controversial to imply that this would be foolish if it had been the case, but it wasnt anyway so...

yes back to it. i dunno, i think its one of those things you cant really say before hand, but if it was a burning building i think i would be 'altruistic' (if thats really possible) and go in for the baby. its a toughie

La La said:

The stupid fuck. I have a lovely wife. I have a lovley baby. I reeally wanna get the corpse though.....

Bag'o'cans said:
I pulled a lamb out of a river once, i want medals NOW.

Some fat bastard prolly ate him next month.

was he having a swim and enjoying himself? did he want to be pulled out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back