LIARS / THURSTON MOORE (5 Viewers)

• Thread starter u:m
  • Start date
  • Replies 102
  • Views 9K
  • Watchers 6
bass player is matt heyner - he played with paul flaherty and chris corsano at lazybird one time. he is a nice guy. he plays with the no neck blues band too, i think

did phil minton sing in lazybird a few years ago? i remember him there but im not sure if theyre real or invented memories

what was the encore at thurston then?.... wanted to go... couldn't be arsed in the end...

I was up in the balcony bit, on the side, and I thought the sound was great, I was actually sort of impressed... never got too shrill and the acoustic guitars were feedbacking in a really fat melodic way.... Cracking gig way more tunes then i was expecting

that wasn't the guitars feeding back. that was a very poor engineer. did you not notice the feedback between songs.
sound in the front bar was actually ok. so maybe balcony and the front were good, but with the sound system they have in there its designed to be good all around the building.

the last song just about saved it...
psychic hearts go out to you

don't know any of the acamady stuff but it sounded decent enough. I love psychic hearts and never ever thought I see any of it played live. So the encore section made up for the rest by millions. Brilliant.

sound: drums not loud enough, couldn't hear the violin. ditch the acoustics.
psychic hearts section sounded great

don't know any of the acamady stuff but it sounded decent enough. I love psychic hearts and never ever thought I see any of it played live. So the encore section made up for the rest by millions. Brilliant.

sound: drums not loud enough, couldn't hear the violin. ditch the acoustics.
psychic hearts section sounded great
i think the violin thing is that it sort of blended in with the acoustics a little too much. like i could hear it clearly but it helped that i new the melodies..
and i thought the acoustics rocked!

that wasn't the guitars feeding back. that was a very poor engineer. did you not notice the feedback between songs.

not excessively no... what I'm thinking of was defintely the acoustic guitars, what with them holding them at angles to amps, etc, etc, etc...

I really can't fault the sound, between that and the Animal Collective gig Tripod is kicking ass in the "Big Wall O' Noise Delivered Cleanly And Powerfully Without Busting Heads" department...

which as well all know is the most important of all departments...

can we all agree that he looks fucking deadly for 49

If I'm rocking 1% as much he is in twenty years, I'd be very happy
actually i met him face to face a while ago and was shocked by how much older he looks off stage. i think its something to do with his posture on stage. he still walks, stands like a grungey teen. he has a mad hairy set of nostrils and all.

also steve shelley is the happiest drummer ive ever seen.

I love the wwwwweeeeeaaaaAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUU
of a feedbacking acoustic guitar

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back