• Start date
  • Replies 22
  • Views 2K
  • Watchers 0

roxy

Website
Visit site
To all the lads and lassies,

I just wanted to say that if any of you musician types ever felt the urge to experiment with flute in your music, then I'd happy to offer my flute-playing services. (Classical, not trad).
I started playing 6 years ago, and for most of that time I haven't attended lessons I must admit as I found them horribly restrictive and dull and found my teacher, prodigious and all as she was, very closed-minded. She's flippin well in her 80s by now I think. That can't help matters.

Anyway, I really enjoy experimenting with various sounds etceteraahhh.

I should have put this in the Musicians Available thread I know but it's rarely used so...

And I might add - please don't start with the jokes about hard flutes, blowing flutes, blowing hard flutes, cold flutes, wooden flutes...I've heard them all....:)

All my love

Roxy

you forgot skin flute roxy

the skin flute is also known as the hairy bagpipe

I'm not saying you play it, I'm just saying you left it out of your list there. just saying like.

What do you think of James Galway?

Originally posted by roxy
To all the lads and lassies,

I just wanted to say that if any of you musician types ever felt the urge to experiment with flute in your music, then I'd happy to offer my flute-playing services. (Classical, not trad).
I started playing 6 years ago, and for most of that time I haven't attended lessons I must admit as I found them horribly restrictive and dull and found my teacher, prodigious and all as she was, very closed-minded. She's flippin well in her 80s by now I think. That can't help matters.

Anyway, I really enjoy experimenting with various sounds etceteraahhh.

I should have put this in the Musicians Available thread I know but it's rarely used so...

And I might add - please don't start with the jokes about hard flutes, blowing flutes, blowing hard flutes, cold flutes, wooden flutes...I've heard them all....:)

All my love

Roxy

Re: Re: Let there be flutes....

Originally posted by Anne OMalley
What do you think of James Galway?

I feel like I'm being interviewed here.....I'm never taken a staggering interest in the work of James Galway, no more than anyone else. Obviously to be able to play like James Galway or bloody Trevor Wye would be great but I don't focus on that. My teacher did naturally and while she was pulling out my arms and grabbing my jaw, I was standing there wishing she'd just let me play the thing my own way. (it's not that I can't see why she was concentrating on technique, coz it's obvious but I just wasn't into it and once I knew how to make proper sounds I wanted her to leave me alone. ) I think I've bettered my sound through experimenting my own way.

I'm more into how the flute is used in other types of music, from Beastie Boys to Van Morrison, Moondance, I love that flute.

So anyways, yeah.

Roxy

Leave the Best to Last

This is quite the most appalling rubbidge I've heard in days. I looked nothing like James Galway.

Mind you, if I had to look like a James it would have to be James Last. There's a game you can play, it's called "create your own James Last album". Typical titles include

- Leave the Best to Last

- Here Comes Paddy Last

- How Will I Make This Children's Allowance Last?

Now you have a try!

Originally posted by Pantone247
ha!

crikey!

back in the beardy Anne days

there was a resembelance

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back