LES SKALOPES, MONDAY 20th APRIL, THE TAP (2 Viewers)

Cormcolash

Website
geocities.com
LES SKALOPES (Brilliant French Ska)
with support from
MO-T
+1 TBC

MONDAY 20th APRIL
THE TAP (North King Street)
DUBLIN
ADM €8, DOORS 8.00 p.m

French band Les Skalopes return to Ireland for a short tour taking in Dublin, Belfast, Enniskillen, and Sligo. This band is one of the most energetic, fun, and danceable live bands around right now, and every gig is guaranteed to get you jumping around with joy!
Having shared the stage with most of the biggest names in ska right now at festivals all around Europe, the chance to see them at a smaller more personal venue is one that shouldn't be missed!

www.skalopes.com
www.myspace.com/lesskalopes

LES SKALOPES:

l_7a1a6f10c91982dd624fdf178dc722d0.jpg

Born during winter 1997, Les Skalopes, a band from Bures sur Yvette (Paris suburbs) strides fervently over concert halls, festivals and ballrooms to make people know their music : ska music mixed with a punkrock spirit, and powered by a boosting rhythm section, a generous brass section and the energetic voice of their female singer, mocking the shortcoming of modern societies .
The 10 musicians share their passion of music through more than 150 concerts, sharing the stage with The Toasters, The Slackers, Emir Kusturica, Inner Terrestrial, Les Fils de Teupuh…
Concerts which have enabled them to build up a faithful and vaster and vaster audience as much as a solid stage-band reputation, far from the showbiz glittering world and the preformated actual musical trends.
After several demos, the band produced their first LP “Chasse à l’enfant” (Children to hunt) in 2005, with a video produced in December 2006.
The band's second album will soon come up.

l_fd876b8564efe12a030343e2c2383501.jpg

“To understand what is Les Skalopes, you have to see the band on stage because of the whole atmosphere. We are 10 guys moving all around, sometimes on small stages, all packed. It’s some mess worth watching! And our singer is everywhere jumping, singing. We call her our Pauline Black”

DublinSkalopesPoster.jpg

"They're amazing, and I hate ska" - Damo, can drinking progenitor

Belfast gig the day after in The Pavilion

i'm going but not paying in, reckon i'll just sit outside and drink pints.

i'd ask the rest of tunguSKA, but we're all going to see tragedy in the lower deck that night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back