Lee vs. Eastwood (1 Viewer)

in fairness, when i saw million dollar baby recently, by about half way through i was expecting a leprechaun with a pint of guiness to play a harp to gypsy on donkey in poor house that is also a simultaneously a lowly hillside cottage made of scones and turf, while morgue-an-free-man repetitively would say 'yes massser' while inventing the blues and singing slave songs about picking cotton
during a civil rights demo/basketball match and called some white guy his brother in a gay buddy moment. i dont think its the first time eastwood has typecast somone.

I saw a good point in the paper on this though which is that Hollywood films tend to be pretty light on the historical accuracy so is that really a valid excuse? But in general I think that Lee is getting angry at the wrong person here...

I don't see why Clint even needs to be making excuses, no one should be under any obligations to cast actors of any ethnic grouping just because someone somewhere has some notion that they should.

I don't see why Clint even needs to be making excuses, no one should be under any obligations to cast actors of any ethnic grouping just because someone somewhere has some notion that they should.

Well, this is what all of post-culturalism is about isn't it? If there were never a voice from the other ethnic groupings then that is a form of insiduous oppression. Just like hiring men and women and only promoting men. So that argument is a bit disingenuous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back