Led Zeppelin-Best album??? (1 Viewer)

i'm a Sab fan and i couldn't agree more. Zeppelin were in a league all their own.

you make a good point about LZ1 not technically being a true representation of a Zeppelin album. truth be told, i like all the records save Coda, which i've never even actually listened to.

Yeah, that record really sounds like the band finding it's feet to me, particularly production wise. I just find the mid period LP's just go to a whole other level. Such individually talented musicians creating such diverse and epic stuff.

Coda is a pretty shitty excuse for an odds and sods record, except for Poor Tom which would graced Led Zep III during which sessions it was recorded.

yeah I kind of agree with wheels, zep 4, Houses of the holy and Physical Graffiti are all amazing. But I still love zep 1

what does it matter anyway, they were all great!

the first Zep album i ever heard was In Through The Out Door...i loved it and all, but imagine my surprise when i heard my 2nd Zep album, which was IV.

is it true ITTOD was heavily JPJ-influenced?

the first Zep album i ever heard was In Through The Out Door...i loved it and all, but imagine my surprise when i heard my 2nd Zep album, which was IV.

Indeed. Jones and Plant collaborated closely for that record, as they were the only two who were showing up at the time. It was a new song writing partnership born out of necessity, I think Page and Bonham tended to add their parts later after they'd 'recovered'. Bonham gets no writing credits at all I don't think? Weird album.

I heard it was mostly his doing. Kinda strange because I always considered his input underrated. Saw him when he was touring to promote the Zooma album and it was incredible. His versions of Zep tunes were insanely good with him playing pretty much all the solos etc on strange lap steel ttype things. The Zooma album is well worth tracking down too. The one he released after it is not so good though.

I heard it was mostly his doing. Kinda strange because I always considered his input underrated. Saw him when he was touring to promote the Zooma album and it was incredible. His versions of Zep tunes were insanely good with him playing pretty much all the solos etc on strange lap steel ttype things. The Zooma album is well worth tracking down too. The one he released after it is not so good though.
cheers, will have a look for Zooma.

i like 3 and houses of the holy best. physical graffiti is half great.

its strange how a band with three deadly musicians were satisfied with such an appalling singer. the screeching and wailing is grand but the lyrics mean they'll never be more than a 75% deadly band.

He's a great singer you twit

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back