Led Zeppelin-Best album??? (1 Viewer)

mackle

Found my dads old LPs of their albums so been listening to them quite a bit lately for the first time in a few years. Such a fuckin brilliant band!

Whats everyone favourite album? Gonna be Physical Grafiti or Led Zep 4 for me. Though Presence could get it just for Achillies Last Stand!

physical grafitti is were they started to think they were more than just rock and roll band. actually, houses of the holy is like that too only not as bad.
everything after thems a bit naff innit

id go with 1 or possibly 2.

3 was the first one I heard. I still have a soft spot for that one.

That happens a lot with me... like Doolittle was the first Pixies album I heard, and that has always been my favorite etc etc.

Edit... here, Mackle, look at the dates on the albums, look at the rate they produced them... its fucking astonishing if you think about it.

Found my dads old LPs of their albums so been listening to them quite a bit lately for the first time in a few years. Such a fuckin brilliant band!

Whats everyone favourite album? Gonna be Physical Grafiti or Led Zep 4 for me. Though Presence could get it just for Achillies Last Stand!

I'd go with Physical Graffiti too. I could never get into In Through The Out Door, Presence or Coda.

the first one, apart from the two willie dixon covers which i can't stand for some reason

absoluitely love how many more times, dazed & confused, communication breakdown, etc

the 'whole lotta love' on when the west was won is awesome, the opening riff is almost like a panzer revving up

of all the versions of that song i have it's the best one i've yet found.

i like 3 and houses of the holy best. physical graffiti is half great.

its strange how a band with three deadly musicians were satisfied with such an appalling singer. the screeching and wailing is grand but the lyrics mean they'll never be more than a 75% deadly band.

we thought my (very strict priest) french teacher wasn't going to show one day, so given that he had a proper hi-fi seperates system in the classroom, and i had a tape with me, we put my tape on. the priest arrived in during the bit where plant was doing his faking orgasm type squealing, in in my time of dying. i never got the tape back.

i never liked stairway to heaven so 4 wasnt all that much of a draw for me...
physical graffiti is definitly the best, the quality of playing is stunning. in my time of dying was the best thing i ever heard when i was 18.
i really like 3 as well.

houses of the holy, in through the out door and presence didnt do it for me at all.

Ah I dont know. I really like his lyrics. So cheesy its great! Such a fantastic singer though.

Definitley pretty amazing how they just fired such consistently good records out. More stamina in those day .|..|

the first one, bar none.

Zepplin's top four albums in order can only be:
The First, I, One and 1.

physical grafitti is were they started to think they were more than just rock and roll band. actually, houses of the holy is like that too only not as bad.
everything after thems a bit naff innit

id go with 1 or possibly 2.

yeah Led Zepplin 1 all the way

Good Times Bad Times is probably one of the best first songs on a first album ever

the first one, apart from the two willie dixon covers which i can't stand for some reason

absoluitely love how many more times, dazed & confused, communication breakdown, etc

i like 3 and houses of the holy best. physical graffiti is half great.

its strange how a band with three deadly musicians were satisfied with such an appalling singer. the screeching and wailing is grand but the lyrics mean they'll never be more than a 75% deadly band.

I love the first album, it rocks the hardest of all of them, but I don't see how anybody can consider it the best Led Zep album. Led Zep I is really a New Yardbirds album, where Page's influence was total. So many of the tunes were knocking around on his fretboard before they even rehearsed. I don't think Led Zeppelin began until they toured that record and began to write whilst on the road. Voila - Led Zep II. Plant's vocals and lyrics begin to mature (Tolkien esque silliness I know but better than Page's 'bad woman' blues standards), Bonham begins to spread his wings and Jone's incredible blues playing comes alive too, mind you his influence is felt more over the next few years. Zep were at the height of their powers as a band during the Four Symbols/Houses of the Holy period. Most of the good shit from that ended up on PG too.

All you Sabbath fans won't agree, but Zep were always way more than just a heavy rock band.

All you Sabbath fans won't agree, but Zep were always way more than just a heavy rock band.
i'm a Sab fan and i couldn't agree more. Zeppelin were in a league all their own.

you make a good point about LZ1 not technically being a true representation of a Zeppelin album. truth be told, i like all the records save Coda, which i've never even actually listened to.

Led Zep II. Plant's vocals and lyrics begin to mature

snigger

wikipedia said:
A typical 12-year old boy's larynx is larger, even before voice change, than an adult woman's. Occasionally, voice change is accompanied by unsteadiness of vocalization in the early stages of untrained voices. Most of the voice change happens during stage 4 of male puberty around the time of peak growth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back