Least Punk Thing You Listen To (1 Viewer)

the strange guy said:
Depeche Mode, NIN, KLF and filthy drum and bass all make my willy go up.

Depche Mode are amazing!!!I love 80s pop stuff.Johnny Cash and Woody Guthrie are punk as fuck!

I LOVE PROG ROCK!!!Pink Floydd are fuckin' shit but Yes,Rush and King Crimson are brilliant.

Old Madonna stuff rules too.And R.E.M.

City Baby:I'm getting into loads of Soul stuff too-Supremes,Drifters,old Stevie Wonder,loads of Motown shit...Ray charles coz he pretty much invented Soul.I love loads of reggae shit too esp. Toots & The Maytalls.

Gary:ABBA are fucking amazing.

And Shorty-i was listening to ABBA long before it became the trend to do so in MPLS ;)

no class said:
Depche Mode are amazing!!!I love 80s pop stuff.Johnny Cash and Woody Guthrie are punk as fuck!

I LOVE PROG ROCK!!!Pink Floydd are fuckin' shit but Yes,Rush and King Crimson are brilliant.

Old Madonna stuff rules too.And R.E.M.

City Baby:I'm getting into loads of Soul stuff too-Supremes,Drifters,old Stevie Wonder,loads of Motown shit...Ray charles coz he pretty much invented Soul.I love loads of reggae shit too esp. Toots & The Maytalls.

Gary:ABBA are fucking amazing.

And Shorty-i was listening to ABBA long before it became the trend to do so in MPLS ;)

Defo not joining your band now :)

the strange guy said:
Depeche Mode, NIN, KLF and filthy drum and bass all make my willy go up.

KLF not punk? Oh yeah, playing with Extreme Noise Terror at the Brit Awards and then forming the hardcore band The Fuckers and releasing the actually very good Sexy Roy Orbison 7"er whilst pretending to be from Lapland doesn't count as punk? Yeah, right.

My record purchases today: couple of Johnny Cash vinyls, Grover Washington's greatest hits, an original Stax compilation with funky gatefold and a copy of She's So Unusual LP by Cyndi Lauper. Ghod bless the oft-neglected record boxes in Doctor Barnardos.

no class said:
Yeah exactly what the title says.I'm not listening to as much punk lately but i like to mix up the fast shit with some Gary Numan... :D

Ah yes, but does this include the LP of punk demos that Numan recorded in an attempt to get a record contract before he discovered the joys of electro-pop? Called The Plan or some such. Worth a couple of listens - I seem to recall one track called Bombers or the like which was decent enough.

Esham is sweet yeah. well the new album is fucking awful. but repentance, the one before the last one was ok. Tongues is where its at though. Spose Johnny was Punk in a not actually punk way. I listen to shit like Motown too though, Have been known to listen to some Dance music in my time. as long as its not like an alarm clock with a snare behind it. Bit o' trad (not a lot) Actually, the only music i cant stand is Ska.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back