Le Tigre Question (1 Viewer)

jane

Website
www.ittybittyhearingtrumpet.wordpress.com
Serious question: is it possible to listen to Le Tigre and not ROCK THE FUCK OUT?

Just wondering. I'm worried. I can't stop. Even after I've turned it off, I can't stop. I'm dancing while I write this. I dance at the mirror, I bust moves that a woman of my age should avoid at all costs. I sing, I boogie, I shake, I kick, etc. And it's an ongoing problem.

I don't want to cure it or anything, I'm just wondering if there is anyone on the earth who has the opposite problem, in that they are boring fuckers?

Also, what other things cause you to move uncontrollably in a dance-like fashion?

I thought the last record was terrible too, and the chipmunk version of I'm so excited is a shocker. But everyone else seems to love it.

I think the feminists are going to beat us up now.

oh shit said:
guess it's a chick thing
Hey!! - Oi!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad: Haven't you learned anything?!:mad:

mt5928.gif

;)

Le Tigre Rock

it is impossible not to get yr groove on..

i really loved the first and second albums and think that the last one has its moments..i really like the im so excited cover:)

Charlie Bucket said:
why are they referred to as a girl band when there is a guy with a moustache in the ranks?

Em... not sure if u joking or not - but that guy's a girl... tsk - use google and discover things like this:

http://www.queerday.com/2005/jul/01/le_tigres_jd_samson_celebrates_her_whiskers.html Le Tigre's J.D. Samson celebrates her whiskers

jdsamson.jpg
In this New York Times piece on women with facial hair, Le Tigre's J D Samson reveals that she developed facial hair at a young age. "All the kids from my town in Ohio mustache-bashed me and suggested all kinds of remedies like bleaching and waxing," she recalled. This was to change with a friend's pep talk and a realization. "The mustache that I had tried desperately to hide all my life was in fact hot. It's a measure of masculinity that I was so lucky to be born with. It was like a light bulb went off in my head. 'Reclaim it, J D, love it! Take what other people said was ugly your whole life and make it beautiful.' Sometimes I think of my mustache as my armor." She now wears a full mustache and has "mustache" tattooed across her chest, in large Old English letters.

from http://www.queerday.com

jane said:
Serious question: is it possible to listen to Le Tigre and not ROCK THE FUCK OUT?

Just wondering. I'm worried. I can't stop. Even after I've turned it off, I can't stop. I'm dancing while I write this. I dance at the mirror, I bust moves that a woman of my age should avoid at all costs. I sing, I boogie, I shake, I kick, etc. And it's an ongoing problem.

I don't want to cure it or anything, I'm just wondering if there is anyone on the earth who has the opposite problem, in that they are boring fuckers?

Also, what other things cause you to move uncontrollably in a dance-like fashion?

Way more laid back than le tigre but try tracy and the plastics.

jd also has her own erotic lesbian calendar:

calendar.jpg

tracy and the plastics are deadly..musclers guide to videonics is class..and they are most defintely danceable..

my current dancing around my bedroom bands are the chalets, gossip and kickin it old skool with bratmobile..

muffin said:
my current dancing around my bedroom bands are the chalets, gossip and kickin it old skool with bratmobile..

what are the gossip like?from descriptions they could be really good or catchy but disposable enough.playing sleater-kinneys atp so i really want them to be good

the gossip are deadly..i dont know who i could say they sound like..the singer has this really good bluesy voice but she screams her noodle off a fair bit..they really are deadly..if you want me to burn ya a copy of one of their albums or somethin drop us a pm..they are defintely worth seein ..ive seen them twice now and they are defintely one of the best bands ive ever seen..

yeah they are .|..| live...i saw them in liverpool after the first album and they were just awesome..i have photos with kathleen hanna with me smiling like a complete idiot..i look so cool:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back