LCD Soundsystem (1 Viewer)

Stan Bowles said:
Fiachra, seeing as you insist that the handsome boy modeling school album is quite good, when it is infact one of the most awful records I have ever heard, makes your opinion on this matter invalid. Move away from the new music old man, back to your bob dylan boxsets and your ovaltine, theres a good chap.

And Dudley you're a knob.

I'd say your really looking forward to that The Ordinary Boys gig Neil, nothing like a bit of sub school talentshow LA's rip off shite to get them toes a tapping.

:)

If I could have got odds on you posting that very predictable comeback I would have put all of my savings on it. That would be about 4 euro but still...

And they're not a La's rip off, they are a Smiths/Jam rip off, cloth ears.

Pantone247 said:
save your money sunshine, it's fucking muck

didn't you say to a mercury rev fan in a thread about mercury rev that they were the dictionary definition "awaiting dissapointment" in reference to the latest mercury rev album with only the mercury rev fan in question come back and say last saturday that they thought the album was very good?:confused:

or am i thinking of another person

no, I'd say that's him you're thinking of.

IFF said:
didn't you say to a mercury rev fan in a thread about mercury rev that they were the dictionary definition "awaiting dissapointment" in reference to the latest mercury rev album with only the mercury rev fan in question come back and say last saturday that they thought the album was very good?:confused:

or am i thinking of another person

MUNK - http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/collective/A3166094

The Munich duo of Mathias Modica and Jonas Imbery, aka Munk, are the men behind Germany’s excellent Gomma label. Here they enlist the varied vocal delights of pint-sized legend in platforms, Bobby Conn, omnipresent Mark E Smith impersonator James Murphy, Flesh Records supremo Midnight Mike and jiggy socialite Princess Superstar. Featuring lovely stripped-back funk, android squeals, catchy continental shuffles and basslines tighter than a trout’s jacksie, this is sexed-up music for the disco and lounge alike.

have you heard anything? The word funk usually makes me shudder. In fact it's doing that right now.

meta said:
MUNK - http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/collective/A3166094

The Munich duo of Mathias Modica and Jonas Imbery, aka Munk, are the men behind Germany’s excellent Gomma label. Here they enlist the varied vocal delights of pint-sized legend in platforms, Bobby Conn, omnipresent Mark E Smith impersonator James Murphy, Flesh Records supremo Midnight Mike and jiggy socialite Princess Superstar. Featuring lovely stripped-back funk, android squeals, catchy continental shuffles and basslines tighter than a trout’s jacksie, this is sexed-up music for the disco and lounge alike.

hermie said:
a bit underwhelmed so far.that beatles rip off tune complete with a Dear Prudence riff at the end really gets on my tits

From an interview with James Murphy in Time Out:

[The album] fizzes with an enthusiasm for everything from psychedelic pop to Detroit techno, and cherry-picks its influences without embarassment...Murphy reckons it shows bad faith to try to camouflage your sources.
'What am I going to do?' he snorts. 'Pretend that the descending chromatic in 'Never As Tired...' ISN'T from "Dear Prudence"? On the one hand, i think that song's a failure - even though I really like it - and it was never intended to be an LCD song, but it's exposing, so it would be cowardice not to release it. To disguise it is a lie and reprehensible, but to not acknowledge that it's somewhat of a failure is also a lie. Every record I love is filled with failures. What's more embarrassing than The Beatles' "Norweigan Wood"?'

For my money (of which I have very little), 'Never as Tired...' is one of the best tracks, so I'm very glad he chose to keep it in. Was feeling very jealous of my brother's vinyl copy of this for a long time, but am now gloating over having the singles.

I also bought this the same day as Superwolf and they contrast beauuutifully.

The album is pretty disappointing to be honest. Great Release and Tribulations are the best on it in my opinion. If you didn't have the 12"s the second disc is a treat though!

The DFA's mix of Jon Spencer supposedly has a similiar acid breakdown to Yeah, should be good!

choking_tara said:
The DFA's mix of Jon Spencer supposedly has a similiar acid breakdown to Yeah, should be good!
Yes, I've been looking around for that mix. Soulwax used it in their Essential Mix a few weeks ago and it was excellent.

I agree that the 12s released before the album are LCD's best work so far. Although Tribulations is a top track I think.

The Soulwax mix of Daft Punk is Playing at My House is crazy good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Jim White & Marisa Anderson (Thrill Jockey)
Whelan's Main Room
25 Wexford St, Portobello, Dublin 2, D02 H527, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back