LCD Soundsystem (2 Viewers)

Oh yes. Oh YES, I fucking love the LCD Soundsystem. It's deadly the way this comes with a disc of all the singles too, so Monday got off to a good start with Loosing My Edge at top volume.

kirstie said:
Oh yes. Oh YES, I fucking love the LCD Soundsystem. It's deadly the way this comes with a disc of all the singles too, so Monday got off to a good start with Loosing My Edge at top volume.

liked the singles disc much better than the actual album.
Loosing my edge is where it's at!* .|..|

*I don't know why is said 'where it's at' I never say that and
don't know if that even means anything.
Please read 'deadly' instead.

see the thing about the LCD Soundsystem is that they are never, ever going to write a better song than Loosing My Edge - they basically outdid themselves before they even got going. That said, I still love them and they are deadly to the maxXx.

Yep. They obviously don't like to have FUN or DANCE.

Speaking of which, my silent requests to Hogan have paid off re: having some fucking bands at ATP what one can have a dance to - i.e. James Chance. Yay!

kirstie said:
see the thing about the LCD Soundsystem is that they are never, ever going to write a better song than Loosing My Edge - they basically outdid themselves before they even got going. That said, I still love them and they are deadly to the maxXx.

Dunno--the "Yeah Yeah Yeah" single was pretty damned great as well, the way it goes all berzerk and acidy at the end. "Losing My Edge" is still the best, though.

I think the actual album starts off pretty weakly ("Daft Punk Is Playing at My House" is a great title but a so-so song), but gets better and better as it goes along. Right in the middle it kicks in and becomes brilliant--in fact, I think the last track, "Great Release", might be the my favourite one on the album. Too bad they didn't include their rockin' Nilsson cover...

Currently waiting for the second DFA compilation to show up in Dublin.

Paul

what a song though! Most bands never come anywhere fucking *near* writing a song as incredible as that in an entire career. So I reckon if they keep releasing stuff in and around the calibre of give it up and yeah etc, then I will be a happy girl. They can be a bit patchy for sure, but the good songs are wonderful.

edit: daft punk is playing at my house was far better live too, much more in yer face and big.

photon said:
"Losing My Edge" is still the best, though.

Paul

Fiachra, seeing as you insist that the handsome boy modeling school album is quite good, when it is infact one of the most awful records I have ever heard, makes your opinion on this matter invalid. Move away from the new music old man, back to your bob dylan boxsets and your ovaltine, theres a good chap.

And Dudley you're a knob.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Jim White & Marisa Anderson (Thrill Jockey)
Whelan's Main Room
25 Wexford St, Portobello, Dublin 2, D02 H527, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back