Lazybird: SCHROEDERSOUND + SELAH 04/12/05 (1 Viewer)

nEiLo

Website
www.lazybird.org
This Sunday at Lazybird:

SCHROEDERSOUND

SELAH

DJ John McSparker (Rollers/Sparkers)

Doors open at 8.30pm
Tax: 5 EURO

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Bio:
Schroedersound
Si Schroeder is the brainchild of Schroedersound, a Dublin-based sampling machine programmed to output digital audio events that resemble music.

Rising from the ashes of legendary Dublin indie-rock band Schroeders Cat (documented on LA's fashionable Emperor Norton label), Schroedersound combines an apprenticeship in postpunk, hardcore, industrial & postrock with recent flirtations with electronica & ambient music to create pop music which merges conventional structures with distinctive textures & samples.

Highlights in the Schroedersound diary lately include atmospheric slots at The Fringe Festival Spiegeltent, a mythical performance at the MOR festival in '03, repeat visits to London's influential Kosmische Club, & one-off visual arts projects in Dublin, Carlow & Chicago. Schroedersound also moonlight as a producer, working with 'Headgear', & mastering odd-rockers 'Rollers/Sparkers'.

By arranging and processing highly distinctive samples, input from a variety of recorded sources in classical, roots and other styles, Schroedersound has wowed audiences throughout the land with its beguiling and tuneful audio simulacra. Such is its atmospheric and melodic richness, many listeners claim to be unable to tell the difference between Schroedersound's output and real music.

SELAH
Selah is Hornby from We Are Knives
Selah is a guitarist.
Selah tunes the guitar many different ways.
Selah uses loop/delay pedals.
Selah creates multiple layers of intricate guitar lines.
Selah is improvised.
Selah does this to challenge his right to call himself a musician.
Selah is not as pretentious as he might sound.
Selah loves Pepsi and the colour brown.
“I am Selah”

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Mossy will be hosting our weekly webcast. You can listen here: www.powerfm.org. Our show is on from 6.00pm to 7.30pm
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

www.lazybird.org
www.trustmeimathief.com

photon said:
It's also probably worth mentioning that next Sunday (the 11th) is Lazybird's 5th anniversary, and we'll be celebrating the event with a solo set from the one and only Chris Corsano. Should be brilliant.

Paul

oh yeah... :eek:

photon said:
It's also probably worth mentioning that next Sunday (the 11th) is Lazybird's 5th anniversary, and we'll be celebrating the event with a solo set from the one and only Chris Corsano. Should be brilliant.

Paul

SHit Im goin to Australia on Wednesday Paul, Im missing out but gaining a lot at the same time. Total double edged sword with this one.

Make me a recording or something.

tim said:
SHit Im goin to Australia on Wednesday Paul, Im missing out but gaining a lot at the same time. Total double edged sword with this one.

Make me a recording or something.

Ain't no double edged sword i'm afraid Tim. The proof is HERE

!ninjaaaa

chutneyfarmer said:
Ain't no double edged sword i'm afraid Tim. The proof is HERE

!ninjaaaa

I'll bring one back for you Gary. I'll give it to you in work sometime next year.

dublin, carlow, chicago..
that's like london, paris, peckham!!
i really liked schroeder's cat. i'd like to see this but won't be around. best of luck.

and by london, paris, peckham i of course mean new york, paris, peckham!!

21.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back