LAZYBIRD every Sunday (1 Viewer)

cyclotron

Since 2000
Hi all,

I'd just like to tell you about a new club thing happening each Sunday from 6.30 'till closing upstairs in the International bar on Wicklow St. It's called LAZYBIRD and sounds you can hear there will vary from all-out jazz to ambient to electronic to krautrock to psych to triphop to dub and reggae depending on which resident is playing and how bad their hangover is. (Any tunes you want hear, please bring them along and we'll play them).

As well as the usual tune spinning, we're going to be hosting some improvised music sessions each week also as time goes on (equipment and space permitting), so if you have feel like playing at it, please e-mail with yer particulars and queries. Oh yeah, this Sunday (1st April) is FREE (because you're lovely) but room rental costs will raise the price thereafter so it will be 2/3 quid from then on so check the flyers for details.

Over and out,

-cyclotron.

I'm very tempted to say something about the decor of the upstairs room in the Interantional.

But instead, I'll slag off the jacks downstairs.

They are filthy and dark and smelly.
Which is a shame cos it's a nice ikkle boozer.

See yis Sunday.

Keeror- yeah we're trying to do something about that alright. Hopefully get extra chairs and shiny happy things on the walls so that it's less funereal looking. The club will most likely start from 8 onwards now, since the chap at the International wants to give a chance for some young bands to play sets from 4-7 in the avo. Anyway, thatnks to anyone who came last night.

ya left out the mutherfuckin "y".

Lazybird rocks. And they do requests occasionally- i got moanin' by Charles Mingus.
Improvised sessions to start shortly.
Word.

Cheers J. (I'll give you that fiver later !!!) We are planning to do improvised stuff each week but NOT this Sunday (absenteeism due to All Tomorrows Parties) but definitely the week after that. As far as this week goes, it will just be tunes tunes tunes from 8.00 till closing (some young bands play there until 7) but we promise that they're very nice tunes indeed. Thanks again !

Hi people,

This is just to let you know that yes, you DO have somewhere to go after you escape form the loving arms of respective relatives and crumbled ones alike this Sunday...yes, it's Easter Everywhere and we'll be toasting our toes up in the International bar this Sunday from 8 'till closing time.

Our first jamming thing occurred last week courtesy of petit Jean de Floret and his travelling vibe casket ably assisted by the venerable Cool C. on turntables. We don't know who's playng this week, but we know it will rock you like a ressurrection !

So come down for fuck's sake ! It might cost ya a couple of quid, but would you rather spend that on a virtual Chris Tarrant in your local chipper ????

In the meantime, have a lovely weekend..

~Lazybird~.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back