LAZYBIRD - Dublin Guitar Quartet - 12th March 2006 (1 Viewer)

nEiLo

Website
www.lazybird.org
Hello,

This sunday, the Dublin Guitar Quartet return to Lazybird to promote their new album: Deleted Pieces.

Doors at 9pm. 5 quid in.

www.lazybird.org
www.dublinguitarquartet.com

The Dublin Guitar Quartethave gained a strong following in rock and classical circles with their virtuosic performances and extraordinary sets of instrumental music. They perform in both rock and concert venues on electric and classical guitars. Concerts include an entertaining mix of celebrated works of the guitar quartet repertoire and modern classics by internationally acclaimed composers such as Philip Glass, Steve Reich, Henryk Gorecki and Arvo Part.
They have appeared on RTE and TG4 as well as live broadcasts on News Talk FM and BBC Radio Ulster and have had full-page articles in the Irish Times and the Independent. In March of last year Lyric FM broadcast their Mermaid Arts Centre concert over two installments of the ‘Horizons’ program. They have recently completed a twelve-date tour of Ireland in which they performed in venues such as Galway’s Town Hall Theatre, the Market Place in Armagh, Crawdaddy at the Pod in Dublin and the Spiegeltent as part of the Dublin Fringe Festival.
They have played as guests of ‘rock’ groups such as the Redneck Manifesto and Goodtime John, performing in Whelan’s of Wexford Street, the Project Arts Centre, and the Roisin Dubh, Galway. Appearances this March include the Mostly Modern festival at the Bank of Ireland on the 4th, a live in-store at Tower Records on the 11th, Lazybird at the International bar the following evening and the Hawkswell theatre, Sligo on the 21st. On the 4th of April they’re at the Roisin Dubh, Galway and they play as special guests to Final Fantasy from Canada at Whelan’s of Wexford street on May the 14th. They will also appear on songwriter Jeff Martin’s forthcoming re-mix album.
Their debut album ‘Deleted Pieces’ will be released on the 10th of March. The disc will include works by Henryk Gorecki, Kevin Volans, Leo Brouwer and the Redneck Manifesto and will see the quartet translating their energetic live shows and progressive take on new music into the recorded medium.

----------------------------------
Radio-Inactivity show on www.PowerFM.org. Emmet/No-Face/Boigaz will be hosting this weeks show. tune in: sunday 6-7.30 PM

p20287r666i.jpg

rodrigo.gif

Champ_Basketball_Net_416.jpg

see you there andy.

that was indeedly very deadly
what are final fantasy from canada like? I'll probably go anyway just to see these guys again
cheers to lazy birdies

rowdy row tinka said:
who was that group of drunk ones that came in at the end for the last song? 5 euro for one song, that's a dear as a red hot chilli peeprs concert.

who cares. cha-ching.
we're all about the dough these days.

rowdy row tinka said:
who was that group of drunk ones that came in at the end for the last song? 5 euro for one song, that's a dear as a red hot chilli peeprs concert.

cunts! they decided to stand right in front of me as well.
as did the hilariously drunken woman earlier. argh.
music was beautiful.

That was pretty dark and evil bass playing alright. Great stuff

That was some shushing going on. That poor drunk lady. She was only trying to have a good time like anyone else. I wouldn't like to be stuck in watching a video with any of you lot. Get attacked for sneezing.

nEiLo said:
the main problem was that she didn't pay in...

Yes she did. Or rather, the bloke she was with paid for her and himself. I think that was before you arrived.

And I'm siding with the shushers here--she obviously wasn't there for the music, so I had no problem with people telling her to shut up.

nEiLo said:
the main problem was that she didn't pay in...
Jesus Neil, you've gotten so greedy. There's more to this than money. You should think long and hard about that.... when lazybird goes to Ibiza next week. Weheeeey. Thanks folks.

g-stereotypical said:
have they got any of those empeeetrees onnline?
I was just about to ask that
The website is under construction apparently.

I will rep and leave a gushingly grateful comment to anybody who can direct me to an mp3 or whatever of this quartet and their interlocking melodic patterns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back