Lazybird 16th Oct 05 with Sadako and Papercut (1 Viewer)

nEiLo

Website
www.lazybird.org
Lazybird 16th Oct 05 with Sadako, Papercut and Cheyte Sing

Sadako
Papercut
Cheyte Sing

9pm €5

Lazybird is preparing for Hallowe'en...

sadako generates heavy electronic drones with swirling static noises made using metal, voice, violin and tape

papercut creates slow building white noise and static using tape loops, synths and digital effects creating sinister dark electronica

Cheyte Sing will also be playing, a duo comprising of sadako and one of the Apostles

www.lazybird.org
www.papercutnoise.tk

Tune in to Radio-Inactivity with Lazybird on www.powerfm.org every sunday from 6pm until 7.30pm. This week, I reckon it wil be Boigaz and all the new records he got in San Fran.

Peace

n

Yeah Neilo, Cheyte Sing will also be playing, a duo comprising of myself and one of the Apostles. Seamus told Gary it was cool.

Cheers to everyone who came out to this last night.

Also huge thanks to Neilo, Photon, Boigaz, Mossy, and Tim for having me along. Also respect to the poor bar girl who got stuck listening to an unholy racket all night!

Cheers

what a great night. sadako's frequencies were definately at the pain threshold for me, reminded me of old whitehouse / sutcliffe jugend without the vocals. my favorite of the night had to be papercut, which really blew me away. started out deceptively calm and entrancing, and a lovely electronic rhythm definately sucked one in to what became an incredible series of chasms of sound, ending with some extremely powerful high pitched frequencies. i completely lost track of time, but at one point i went to the toilet downstairs, and whole bar underneath seemed to be pulsating with the sound from above. absolutely brilliant. the final act alas i was unable to stay for, but could be heard almost at the bottom of grafton street. well done to all involved.

paul- said:
are you going to be puting any of that footage online?

I'll see what I can do. I'll certainly be able to hook you up with the files on cd anyway. From what I can tell by watching it on the camera, the sound came out pretty well.

I got the entire evening on minidisc anyway and that came out cool if you want to sync my recordings to the picture.

tim said:
I got the entire evening on minidisc anyway and that came out cool if you want to sync my recordings to the picture.
chutneyfarmer said:
I'll see what I can do. I'll certainly be able to hook you up with the files on cd anyway. From what I can tell by watching it on the camera, the sound came out pretty well.
Deathly

Totally forgot to bring records with me but there are still some copies of the Papercut/Sadako split for sale in Murder City Records (above flip in temple bar) and Road Records. A few copies of the latest Sadako tape (Ancient Burial Chambers vol. 1) is also available in Murder CIty Records.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back