Last night I dreamt ... (1 Viewer)

egg_

nerd/hippy
Supporter
Since 1999
Where dogs wear hats and birds fly backwards
... about a polar bear and a dolphin that fell in love. They lived up on a mountain, the bear in the snow and the dolphin in the river. Then the dolphin got pregnant and the bear was delighted, but he got all depressed when I asked him what species the baby was going to be cos he hadn't thought about the whole inter-species breeding thing.
Anybody know any dream-analysis websites?

egg_ said:
... about a polar bear and a dolphin that fell in love. They lived up on a mountain, the bear in the snow and the dolphin in the river. Then the dolphin got pregnant and the bear was delighted, but he got all depressed when I asked him what species the baby was going to be cos he hadn't thought about the whole inter-species breeding thing.
Don't waste your time. Here's Dr. Knight's expert analysis:

You're a fruitcake

michaelknight said:
Don't waste your time. Here's Dr. Knight's expert analysis:

You're a fruitcake

well now obviously it's going to be either a Gorilphin or a Dolilla

duhh like

dolphingorilla111.jpg

yeah!!!!!

Again, people, it's not a gorilla and dolphin, it is a polar bear and dolphin.
So, polphin/bearphin or Dolbear/Polardol.
My head hurts.

There is a great book called The Man Who Loved a Polar Bear and Other Psychotherapist's Tales by Robert U. Akeret.
It's a true story about a psychiatrist who tracks down his old clients after 20 years to see how they are doing.
One of his clients was the titular Polar Bear lover. He got a job in a zoo to be near polar bears. He kept turning up at the shrinks office covered in bandages after his latest attempts at wooing the polar bear had gone awry. Funny and sad.

Last night I dreamt...

...you were back again
Larger than life again, holding me tight again
Placing those same kisses on my brow
Sweeter than ever now, Lord I remember how

Couldn't get enough of kissing
Do you know how much I'm missing?
No you don't, but I do...

Wilbert said:
There is a great book called The Man Who Loved a Polar Bear and Other Psychotherapist's Tales by Robert U. Akeret.
It's a true story about a psychiatrist who tracks down his old clients after 20 years to see how they are doing.
There's a better book called Bear V Shark by Chris Bachelder. It's about who would win in a fight between a bear and a shark.

Kicks the shit out of your book.

egg_ said:

Hello :)

Mountains in dreams represent the attainment of goals. If you are ascending a mountain you may be working hard and trying to accomplish a goal. In your dream, you seem to be at the top of the mountain so you are probably at a place in you life where you feel stable and that you have achieved these goals.

You are probably the polar bear in the dream. Bears in dreams may represent a period of introspection and depression. However, this may be a part of a healing cycle, where the dreamer has retreated into himself in order to regenerate and in order to create something new and valuable in his life.

You live in the snow. Snow symbolises cold and unexpressed emotions or emotions which have been repressed for an extended period of time. The snow in your dream suggests that you (if you are the bear) are possibly emotionally cold, unresponsive, or indifferent. Clean, white snow may represent innocence, truth, peace and relaxation or a new beginning or new way of seeing things, dirty snow may represent guilt.

Dolphins represent friendliness, communal living, rescue, communication, and affection. In dreams they represent the willingness and ability to navigate through emotions. The dolphin lives in water. Water sustains life and is the most abundant compound in living things. It may represent the flow of energies, the path of your life, or the passage of time.

The dream is essentially about your worries about a change of situation (probably having a kid) and working out these worries with yourself. You are initially happy about it but then your reason takes over and you question yourself about the practicalities (you ask yourself about the cross-species thing). The snow vs. water thing is pointing out that you and your partner have different approaches to life .. yours is more practical and hers more emotional.

The inter-species worry is not a worry about what you create really, it’s more of a way of expressing your worry about changing the circumstances of your present situation by transferring it onto a practical worry.

If you can have the dream again maybe you can continue the conversation with the polar bear and sort things out with him. Or you could just create the ‘offspring’ in the dream and work through the practical process of how you’d rear the kid even though you are different species.

;)

Most of the dream symbols I got on http://www.spiritcommunity.com/dreams/ … which looks like a poncy spiritual site but is actually very good… most of the stuff is based on the dream theories of Carl Jung (which are brilliant).

Morph
The dream is essentially about your worries about a change of situation (probably having a kid) and working out these worries with yourself
Some of the stuff is off the mark (I don't think I'm the bear, and there's no emotional coldness, the snow must mean something else), but this is not fucking bad.

egg_ said:
Morph

Some of the stuff is off the mark (I don't think I'm the bear, and there's no emotional coldness, the snow must mean something else), but this is not fucking bad.
Is it not all a bit vague though? Could apply to most people in some shape or form, no? I mean "you and your partner have different approaches", "you're trying to achieve a goal", "buried emotions"...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back