Last night I dreamt ... (1 Viewer)

Ah yeah I suppose it is vague. Big grain of truth, but now that I think of it the symbols aren't really being interpreted correctly ... if dreams really are symbols, then the mountain simply means 'far away' in this case, the bear comes from Hector's old avatar (not that I know Dip except to say hello to).

Still though, morph, you weren't exactly right, but you made me realise what my dream was about. Maybe I'll run my infamous cartoon frog dream by you one of these days.

michaelknight said:
Is it not all a bit vague though? Could apply to most people in some shape or form, no? I mean "you and your partner have different approaches", "you're trying to achieve a goal", "buried emotions"...?

It is kinda vague really. That's the way Carl Jung does dream analysis though. It really does depend on what certain things mean to the dreamer. You might have snow in your dream and it might represent coldness or repressed emotions or it might represent calmness and peace depending on your feeling at time time of dreaming. What is interesting is that 'in general' the same symbols tend to represent the same feeling for people.

The mountain image does come up quite a lot in dreams when the dreamer is trying to achieve a goal or has that kind of mindset....knowing what they want. And to answer the question 'couldn't it apply to most people?'.... No. I'm not trying to achieve a goal and me and my partner do not have different approaches.

Saying 'you and your partner have different approaches' is not making a definitive statement about your relationship.... it might just mean that for the purposes of the dream the dreamer may put another person into a defined role (using a symbol like the dolphin) so that he can work stuff out.

egg_ are you sure you're not the bear?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back