Laser Eyes (1 Viewer)

Is it true that you can smell you burning eyeball???? A friend of mine got it done and claimed that he could but we never believed him.

Its true! Fucking disgusting, but mildly amusing too :)

Lolo said:
I'm put off by the fact that it can go horribly wrong, and your eyesight changes all the time anyway so if I got it done now I'd probably need it done again in 10 years. Also, I get taken a lot more seriously when I'm wearing glasses. .

Well, they say it works perfectly in at least 99% of cases They also give you a pretty thorough eye examination first to see if you're suitable. In some cases, the patient may be disappointed, but nobody is blinded or anything (unless the optician dude sneezes mid process :). He said I should have it for life, but may need reading glasses later on.

I'd be a touch wary of the effects of having lasers shot in my eyes in the long term, it's not been around long enough to have that good an idea of the effects 20 years down the road.

i want this done but can't afford it at the moment. been spending a fortune on daillies so i've stopped that now and i'm sticking to my specs. my eyesight is fucking terrible. -6

Yeah it's grand for the first decade and then you suddenly go blind. Tough break.

No but is it true that your sight can just start to deteriorate again if you had bad peepers to begin with?

(I enjoy using horribly out-of-date phrases like 'peepers')

How's the night vision? I'd heard it can get affected by the procedure...

My night vision now is shite! I have to wear specs anyway to drive and at night its really bad even with them. I can't focus that well - get really dazed on a long drive.

(probably should have told the lads in the band that before I drove them back from Cork the other night)

Slightly off the point but about night vision.......children see better and can concentrate better is slightly dull natural day light!! I'm supposed to turn off the lights in the classroom. They work better (but I can't see so well :))

peow peow, peow p-peow peow!

sorry
this thread has an unbidden mental soundtrack.

peow peow

LaserCatsSmall.jpg

Slightly off the point but about night vision.......children see better and can concentrate better is slightly dull natural day light!! I'm supposed to turn off the lights in the classroom. They work better (but I can't see so well :))

I did not know that! Great tip....thanks Sweetie :)

And like Ratmonkey said, I'd be happy to give it a go if we knew a bit more about the long term effects. I've got very similar eyesight to Jim D. I was long-sighted as a kid but they over corrected and now I'm short sighted :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back