Laptop stolen (1 Viewer)

AlphaRelish said:
not really :( it just rhymes with gwan.

oh

ah well

I feel like the two metallers who were walking through the park and trying to figure out whether it was Nuclear Assault or some other band that someone was playing on their stereo in the distance, then turning the corner and seeing it was workmen drilling the road.*

or something

* true story

a ha! up there for thinkin! :) they do have cameras over each exit alright.

X-Rated said:
did you ask Whelan's for cctv coverage for the night? If they have it and are cooperative it might be helpful.

well, there's more to it that just 'gwar'... for another time...

snakybus said:
oh

ah well

I feel like the two metallers who were walking through the park and trying to figure out whether it was Nuclear Assault or some other band that someone was playing on their stereo in the distance, then turning the corner and seeing it was workmen drilling the road.*

or something

* true story

tinkers
even your mates robbin your lighter annoys yeh the next day when yiv to go to the shops
this sort of shit bites though

ode to a gypoless world !bog

AlphaRelish said:
not sure, i'll look into it... they *should* provide somewhere secure to store equipment, for sure.

Isn't that what the band room is though? I'm sure that's what they'd tell you. They do give the band a key - and then it's up to the band to keep people out.
That was one thing that really pissed me off about playing in Whelans - coming off stage to a band room full of people you half know and no fucking room to put your equipment down and no guarantee that you can take your eye off it.
Made my blood boil it did.
Hag. What you said made me sad. I'll be your laptop if you like. ;)

Hag, there's gonna be a courier leaving my house with a quite fancy ibook type laptop at some point this week, if you wanna arrange to rob him after i've signed it away i'm sure something can be sorted.

hug.gif

Hag, dude, that's fucking awful. It' not even the machine but the data... ARRGGHHH!!!!!

I'm paranoid about losing mine and won't put it down if I'm somewhere like that. The machine's insured but, like I said.. THE DATA!!!!!!!!!

fook.

Even if you could sue whelan's for a million bucks, what's the point?

:(

kstop said:
Are "We don't accept responsibility blah blah" notices etc. legally binding, though? I'm pretty sure they're usually just there to deter casual whiners.

bad buzz

I had a bag of clothes nicked off a private bus back in 1995. Luggage compartment.
Had six weeks worth of washing - approx 25 band t-shirts and other clothes. Unfortunately for the cunt who stole it, it was taken on the return journey so everything was clean.

They trotted out the same line but persistance paid off and I got £300 off them in the end.

so you never know

yep, it's just kinda heartbreaking... that's the first time i'm ever used it for a gig and as a result, wasn't used to having it with me... yep, it's not really the machine, because it's insured... it's the hours and hours i spent working on it which i never got a chance to back up. cry. :( erm... if i could get a million bucks out of whelans, i don't think i'd had any trouble satisfying myself that there was some kind of point to it... ;)

donnacha said:
Hag, dude, that's fucking awful. It' not even the machine but the data... ARRGGHHH!!!!!

I'm paranoid about losing mine and won't put it down if I'm somewhere like that. The machine's insured but, like I said.. THE DATA!!!!!!!!!

fook.

Even if you could sue whelan's for a million bucks, what's the point?

:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back