Laptop stolen (3 Viewers)

Ex-User (1487)

Hi,

My laptop was stolen from the band room in whelans on saturday night. it's a compaq armada (m700, 500MHz pentium 3, serial number 3J05DM74M12C). It was in a black record bag along with a sound blaster extigy external sound card.

i have so much stuff on it that i simply can't recover and i'm very pissed off about it, needless to say. there's a reward for info leading to it's return etc. please mail me at [email protected] if you saw it or have any idea as to what happened to it.

thanks.

yep, thing is, no one will be able to use it without the password, there's actually no way of turning it on without it... so my guess is that this will frustrate whoever nicked it beyond belief and they'll end upo smashing it or something... :(

pete said:
that fucking sucks

fuckers

if you tell the cops the make and number you never know...

of course, I couldn't remember either when it happened to me.

I'd been working from home on a nice contract job....and it was all so nice and cushy....until some fucker came into my place when I was at band practice and stole my computer, thus my job, Fiona's jewelry, my camera, my minidisc walkman...

I can't go on - it makes me sad.

ffffffuuuuuccccckkkkkeeeeerrrrrssss!!

maybe it did but i doubt it... sure i woulda heard by now... i suspect something like

"hey, nice record bag..." [opens bag]
"holy shit... holy fucking shit..." [performs a swift 'yoink']

muddymae said:
that's really shit duderino

sure it didn't get mixed up with someone else's shit at the end of the night?

wishful thinking i know

AlphaRelish said:
maybe it did but i doubt it... sure i woulda heard by now... i suspect something like

"hey, nice record bag..." [opens bag]
"holy shit... holy fucking shit..." [performs a swift 'yoink']

Sue whelans.

AlphaRelish said:
funnily enough, they 'don't accept responsibility' for this kind of thing.

Are "We don't accept responsibility blah blah" notices etc. legally binding, though? I'm pretty sure they're usually just there to deter casual whiners.

AlphaRelish said:
Hi,

My laptop was stolen from the band room in whelans on saturday night. it's a compaq armada (m700, 500MHz pentium 3, serial number 3J05DM74M12C). It was in a black record bag along with a sound blaster extigy external sound card.

:( :(

:mad:

hope it shows up... :(

kstop said:
Are "We don't accept responsibility blah blah" notices etc. legally binding, though? I'm pretty sure they're usually just there to deter casual whiners.
Legally these signs are a load of me bollix but it is difficult to pin the blame on the venue but it can be done! You should just take a "fall" in Whelans and sue them for that instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back