Laptop OS problem (1 Viewer)

nine

I have a dilly of a pickle for anyone who's interested.
Recently at work they have given me a decent laptop that i can take home of an evening.Here's the problem,it runs windows 95.
So what i here you say?Well,i have reason aswell and it won't run on 95,has to be 98 or later.So,i could load on NT,cause thats what everyone else runs here.
So i asks me boss,and they CLAIM to have no NT license!And every fucker in here running it!!Another thing is that cubase won't run on NT!!What the fuck!!!
So,i'm guessing windows 98 is me best option.Does anyone know if you can download it off winmx or morpheus.Has anyone ever done it?
Please help.

ok

On NT Licensing:
Chances are they have enough NT licenses to go round their computers - they probably got one license with each machine. Which would mean that they've none spare. All you need to do is talk nicely to an IT person and ask them to burn you a Windows NT CD then get a serial off the interweb.

On Windows 95 laptops
If the laptop is running Windows 95 then it's probably a bit old, and may not be very powerful (by todays standards), so it's debatable that it'll have enough poke to get the job done.

It is powerful enough,seriously.It's got a pIII and 128 ram but some dildo loaded on win95.
Anyway,it don't matter cause it crashes if you look at it.FUCKING MICROSOFT!!!!

mmm a p3 with 128mb should be ok for win2000, which would be better than win98 or NT....

Agreed,but it's a problem with the laptop itself.It crashes even when viewing the web.It then doesn't even respond to the good old ctrl+alt+del.
There's talk of getting it re-imaged,but that'll take two weeks.Thanks for the concern anyway.

If it's windows 95 then it's going to crash at the drop of a hat regardless, but in the meantime visit microsoft.com and get all the windows 95 patches you can find... might help

not sure if windowsupdate.com works for windows95... actually now that i think of it I don't think MS officially supports windows 95 any more.

If it only crashes when you browse the net try reinstalling Internet Explorer and all the nessecary patches. As Pete sasys 2000 would be much better, NT doesn't work real well on laptops

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back