language trends, LOIKE (3 Viewers)

Rachel666

I don't wear dubarrys but I do say "like" at the end of a sentence.... i just can't help it

I noticed skangers in my class, whenever ignored, say "god yed swear i was black!" now it seems to have caught on to the rest of the student body and they say it after the most stupidest things.
"I'm sorry Claire, but there is no foundation level German"
"WHA? yed swear i was black!"
???

anybody notice any new language trends?

I curse like a sailor. Sometimes it's embarassing. Also, when I'm in work I talk with a much thicker Dublin accent than outside. I know loads of people do this.

I know a dude who says 'word up G' and 'chiggedy check ya later' and other such sapurrrrban hip hoppities. He started doing it to take the piss but now he does it all the time in normal speak without even realising it.
I've been trying to do this with 'buhinanywaysbuh', but my mouth and brain just won't catch onto it.

everyone round our way speaks "jive" too.

Queen Buzzo said:
I curse like a sailor. Sometimes it's embarassing. Also, when I'm in work I talk with a much thicker Dublin accent than outside. I know loads of people do this.

I know a dude who says 'word up G' and 'chiggedy check ya later' and other such sapurrrrban hip hoppities. He started doing it to take the piss but now he does it all the time in normal speak without even realising it.
I've been trying to do this with 'buhinanywaysbuh', but my mouth and brain just won't catch onto it.

People who saw " there does be" instead of 'there is' or 'there was' is spreading like wild fire and annoys the fuck out of me.

I curse like a cunt too, never realised how bad it is until I'm surrounded by really young or really old people.

I started saying 'giddy up' instead of yes years ago I suspect it was Kramer from sienfelds fault and now I can't stop.

I also say Hieno, C'berg or MGD by the neck for Heiniken, Carlsberg or a bottle of Miller because I heard a lad say it in Gleesons once!!!
When I say it I'm being all ironic and cool but I still get some hateful looks from lads who think I'm being serious..

I've taken to saying cat instead of person too but thats a good thing.

eh... Some people in my class say

" b da bugal child" , its also the best saying EVER!!

evil bandit said:
People who saw " there does be" instead of 'there is' or 'there was' is spreading like wild fire and annoys the fuck out of me.

Isn't this a result of a too-literal translation from irish to english?

I've taken to saying cat instead of person too but thats a good thing.

nobody ever says "cat" when referring to something bad anymore (ref: "it's cat when the dog dies").

and nobody ever seems to be shittin' bricks any more. or talking to me / chewin a brick, for that matter.

I have one thing to say to the lot'oyiz

Big Swinging Mickey

also, calling someone immature in a disparaging fashion as a deathly insult seems to have fallen from favour too.

pete said:

nobody ever says "cat" when referring to something bad anymore (ref: "it's cat when the dog dies").

and nobody ever seems to be shittin' bricks any more. or talking to me / chewin a brick, for that matter.

i've also noticed a distinct lack of requests to hang one's bollocks on all and sundry

kirstie said:
I have one thing to say to the lot'oyiz

Big Swinging Mickey

also, calling someone immature in a disparaging fashion as a deathly insult seems to have fallen from favour too.

pete said:

Yes, yes it is.

As is the way Irish people say 'I'm after' before a verb e.g. I'm after doing the dishes/ I'm after going to the shops instead of I've done/gone.

Big Swingin Mickey is one of my favourites. It says so much in onny 3 words.

jesusssss pete, you're SooooooOOoooooOOooooo immature
pete said:
i've also noticed a distinct lack of requests to hang one's bollocks on all and sundry

is your boss fergus from ferguseseses wedding??

Arnold O'Byrne said:
My boss says "thankin' you". And has said when asked how she is - "not three bad, not three bad".

i havent heard "adout" (or maybe "hadout") in ages. not sure if i do have it spelt proper. i do hear some a de bys sayan it adout in de leb. mebbe its coz i do always be adup in dublin...

related term- adin

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back