Ladyfest Tickets Now on Sale! (1 Viewer)

broken arm said:
I: VAGINA DENTATA ORGAN PRESENTS : MUSIC FOR THE HASHISHINS, IN MEMORIAM OF HASSAN-I-SABBAH. (TRAINED TO KILL/SEXUAL). All you hear on both sides of this LP is the wild growl of a real dog trained to kill. It's violent and cruel. A passionate, and desperate appeal to murder. I call it poetry without rhetoric.
cool. can they play ladyfest?

tom. said:
cool. can they play ladyfest?
sigh.

17: Did V.D.O. ever play live?

Only once in 1984. When Spanish TV invited Derek Jarman, PTV and VDO to perform on a live TV programme in Madrid called La Eldad de Oro. We all had live interviews. Derek showed his short films, PTV played a long set together with monumental videos on magick occultism. At the end of the two hours VDO closed the night.

I performed MUSIC FOR HASHISHINS, on an emulator, with sixteen real, very nervous Alsation dogs tied on a leash to the stage. At the same time I destroyed three large paintings by Casademont - a well-known Catalan artist - with a market value of œ6,000. I slashed the paintings with with two long iron csimitars with great effect, because hidden behind each canvas we hanged small plastic blood-bags that got splattered all over the place. Pandemonium broke loose. It was the end of this arts TV programme. Next day there was an outcry on the Spanish nacional press. We were accussed of violence and obscenity. Right-wing politicians put pressure on the state run Spanish TV, and La Eldad de Oro was closed down for ever.

DuncheeKnifed said:
any chance of making cheaper tickets available to people who haven't got 30 euro and just wanna go to the workshops?

your wish is our command sir. Just buy a weekend junior ticket for 15 euro and that will entitle you to attend all workshops during the day. You'll have to leave the venue at 6pm each evening though!!

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
What about if you just want to go to a gig?
You just pay in by the day. 10 for friday, 15 for saturday and 15 for sunday. We're trying to accommodate the most possible people while not losing money and having it come out of our own pockets so that's the best we can do. By the way, all of us have to pay for our tickets too, we just can't afford to put the event on otherwise.

The way it breaks down is as follows:

15 for underagers for the weekend until 6pm and all day sunday for the all ages gig

30 for adults for everything all weekend (all workshops, talks, film, art bands)

10 for friday
15 for saturday
15 for sunday

OR
or if you just want to go to workshops and the all ages gig and you're an adult you can buy an underagers ticket for 15. You absolutely have to buy this beforehand though from red ink, road or city discs, and you will be asked to leave the venue at 6pm.

ladyfest said:
or if you just want to go to workshops and the all ages gig and you're an adult you can buy an underagers ticket for 15. You absolutely have to buy this beforehand though from red ink, road or city discs, and you will be asked to leave the venue at 6pm.
that seems like a lot for workshops, don't think i'll be able to go. is the hub that expensive?

i would be interested in seeing the maths of the 15 euro for the punk all ages gig,

Los fastidios, runnin riot and filthpact etc with 3 out of towners at 8 euro in dublin took in 1300 on the door in an 18s plus venue and covered costs / boats / flights etc.

This at 15 euro will be a lot of money as i would expect a big crowd for this gig. I seriously doubt the punk bands asked for much and i thought the benfits had paid for the venue.

any chance we can know how the money for bands / djs etc is breaking down in terms of what was committed to?

plaease note i am not saying this is some kind of rip off, just that this is possibly the most expensive all ages diy gig in ireland ever as far as i know and discussion on this issue would be interesting.

personally i think gig prices at the moment atre too low and sometimes peoel in "the scene" have to support events themselves with food, accomodation, phonecalls etc for them to work- good and bad with that- but €15 is a lot for diy punk event here, as i said quite possibely the most expensive ever for an all ages one .

its great that the women in punk etc issue is being looked at through this but there are a lot of other issues which are important around the financing of punk which are as important to what we do.

The ladies are only after your money.

It's a pity Ladyfest didn't go ahead with the Vodafone/o2 sponsorship; it might have made it a little more affordable for us cheapos.

FROM THE REPLYS ON THUMPED IT SEEMS TAHT ITS A WEEKEND THING REALLY RATHER THAN A JUST A ONE OFF GIG SO THE FEE IS NOT REPRESENTATIVE OF THE COST OF THIS GIG BUT THE WHOLE DAY, WORKSHOPS ETC, ITS A BIT LIKE THEM CEREAL PACKETS YOU COULD GET WITH 8 DIFFERENT SMALL BOXES IN AND YOU WOULD ONLY WANT ONE BUT WOULD HAVE TO GET THEM ALL OR WHATEVER. SEEMS FAIR ENOUGH IF THATS THE CASE.

ANYWAY IT ALSO LOOKS LIKE IM SHOUTING HERE BUT TOO LAZY TO RETYPE SO APOLOGIES FOR THAT.

Just saw "grannysgeeflaps" profile on okcupid (not of course that i frequent such a place), and she claims to be organising ladyfest. can this be true?
a funny profile anyways....
liadan, any word of Serpents happening again soon? MotleyCrudos are gonna be lookin to play gigs with yez....
enjoy the fest
byeeee

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back