Ladies .Would you wear real fur? (1 Viewer)

Thinking about it more, I'd say no more because it would freak me out. I have no problem wearing leather shoes but fur...a bit too close to the real thing. Just like I eat some meat but it has to be removed from the bone. Visual reminders and all. I like to fool myself.

Yeah. I wouldn't wear fur and I know I'm a hypocrite - I eat meat and wear leather. Leather doesn't come from cattle that have already been killed for food, so it's the by product of an animal which has been bred specifically to be killed for adornment. Or a nice sofa.

So I wouldn't give out to anyone wearing fur - it's their choice. I just wouldn't wear it myself. I think it looks tacky anyway.

Why is this thread aimed at Ladies? Lads can wear fur too. Sexists.

See my vest, see my vest, made from real Gorilla Chest.

12321.jpg

Leather doesn't come from cattle that have already been killed for food, so it's the by product of an animal which has been bred specifically to be killed for adornment. Or a nice sofa.

Really? So what do they do with the rest of it i.e. the carcass?

Nope..Never.

I know a lot of people think vintage fur is ok but it's long dead etc. but I jsut couldn't do it. I'd hate to promote fur wearing in any form.yuck..

why is fur more shocking than leather?

Not shocking, just not far enough removed. When I look at shoes I don't see a cute cow. When I see a coat, I think of bunnies. Not that I like bunnies. It makes no logical sense, I realize. Burger = fine. Ribs = disgusting. Eating meat off a bone makes me cringe.

Fur is more of a vanity commodity, leather has some practical elements to it especially in shoes (although there are alternatives, but you know what I mean)

Not in Norway... fur is the man in Norway.
I tell ya, when its -20 something, and there is wind howling about the shop, an aul' reindeer skin jacket will put the skids under the 'fur is evil' voice in your brain.

Wearing reindeer fur is like wearing a heater.

Not in Norway... fur is the man in Norway.
I tell ya, when its -20 something, and there is wind howling about the shop, an aul' reindeer skin jacket will put the skids under the 'fur is evil' voice in your brain.

Wearing reindeer fur is like wearing a heater.
The shoes and a hat are the most important thing in such temperatures. I never knew anyone using fur and it'd be a few weeks of -20 during the winter every year where I'm from. If you'd see people wrapped up in furs and reindeer skins in Lapland, it's also most probably gonna be the rich tourists flocking to see the santa in a suburban reindeer vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back