Ladies: latest amazing makeup discoveries (2 Viewers)

krystal

Since 2000
I have 2.

Benefit High Beam - was initially disappointed by this but now I have seen the light - it is AWEmazing. Gives a delicious dewy look to yer chops so it does. Yum.

Cream blusher - I was always really suspicious of this cos I thought it'd make me look like Aunt Sally from Worzel Gummidge. Wrong! It's DEADLY.

Over and out.

Oh, amazing discovery: Max Factor foundation that comes with a primer.... I think they call it two- step..... heaven for ladies with scaleigh skin.

or you could just by Idealist by Estee Lauder. mmmm. expensive smooth.

I'm gonna buy new mascara this weekend. Recommendations?

Has anyone used Touche Eclat? Does it work? I perpetually look like I haven't slept in a week.

I don't like that new max factor one, the primer smells and feels like pollyfilla - but maybe that's the intention?

I don't have a touche eclat but i do have a benefit one which is much the same, and it's great. Apparently caprice doesn't use foundation, she just touche eclat's herself instead, and gets through 3 a week. What a woman.

Oh mascara. I got bonus time at clinique last week and the free mascara sample is ace, can't remember what it's called but it is VG.

Wormo said:
Oh, amazing discovery: Max Factor foundation that comes with a primer.... I think they call it two- step..... heaven for ladies with scaleigh skin.

or you could just by Idealist by Estee Lauder. mmmm. expensive smooth.

I'm gonna buy new mascara this weekend. Recommendations?

Has anyone used Touche Eclat? Does it work? I perpetually look like I haven't slept in a week.

You wouldnt want anything to do with Touche Eclat if you were a vegetarian, it's on the bad list from the vegan society. Dr Hauschka is shitty, goes on like glue, comes off like glue. Try Fresh, it's mega dear, but mega good and the only Veg
makeup ive found in Ireland besides burts bees

kirstie said:
she just touche eclat's herself instead,
Filthy bitch.

That primer shit is a godsend. I wasn't able to wear foundation before I found it without my face peeling off.

I'll tell you what cunting mascara doesn't work. That shit that Koke Moss advertises. The wine two step one. Crap.

What/where is Fresh? I'm afraid my ethics haven't streched into my beauty regime/ products yet, although that is the intention.

all those 2 step mascaras are like a alchemical formula to turn lead into gold - i.e. they don't work. The white goes a nasty shade of grunge and you just end up looking like a fat lashed surprised witch. Bah.

Wormo said:
Filthy bitch.

That primer shit is a godsend. I wasn't able to wear foundation before I found it without my face peeling off.

I'll tell you what cunting mascara doesn't work. That shit that Koke Moss advertises. The wine two step one. Crap.

Well I'll tell ya, I don't expect everyone to go down the Vegan beauty product
road, it's a fuckin dear toll. Fresh is no more expensive than yer normal brand
of brown thomas make-up in america (where I bought it) but of course in Ireland it is 49 euro in Nue Blu Eriu. fuckin mad! but in the past 2 and a hlf years ive only bought 2 bottles cos i only slap it on when goin down the pub, everyone else just gets to see me ugly pasty face, ha ha!
still tho, 2 bottles, 2 and a half years.

It's not make up but yknow what doesn't get enough credit at all? The green bottle of Leave-in cream by sunsilk....for hair, I mean. It's for curly hair. I don't know what they put in it, but it's pure deadly in a bottle. And highly inexpensive too. Plus I only need a little bit whenever I wash me mop, which is impressive considering my hair is down as far as me tits like, not allowing for curl.

I recently discovered this eye base thing by barbara thingy - yer one who does stuff for tesco. Daly, that's it. Anyway, it goes either on its own or under eyeshadow, and it's pretty much undetectable. Anyway, evens shit out totally.

50 quid every year and a quarter isn't bad going but.

rowdy row tinka said:
Well I'll tell ya, I don't expect everyone to go down the Vegan beauty product
road, it's a fuckin dear toll. Fresh is no more expensive than yer normal brand
of brown thomas make-up in america (where I bought it) but of course in Ireland it is 49 euro in Nue Blu Eriu. fuckin mad! but in the past 2 and a hlf years ive only bought 2 bottles cos i only slap it on when goin down the pub, everyone else just gets to see me ugly pasty face, ha ha!
still tho, 2 bottles, 2 and a half years.

moisturiser gives me an awful sweaty face when i cycle, so i stopped using it. that is the extent of my discoveries.

kirstie said:
50 quid every year and a quarter isn't bad going but.
yeah , but like i say, i hardly ever wear makeup but i'm fierce happy with it.
I love delux beauty as well, most natural lipstick ever, again only in america, and not tested on les animaux, maybe you can get it in Sephora in Europe too

Wormo said:
NO DISASTER STORIES HERE: someone recommend a hairdresser to me
I can't cut my own anymore
I need a style
Apparently the wild woman of the jungle/rats nest/banshee look is out this year
i hear zita's great

eek!

I hate the way loads of moisturisers leave this sort of...residue...on your face which you can peel off round about lunchtime, and all the pollution in the air clings to said residue. Gak. LaboriTOIRE garnier, I am looking at you.

Super Dexta said:
moisturiser gives me an awful sweaty face when i cycle, so i stopped using it. that is the extent of my discoveries.

Wormo said:
NO DISASTER STORIES HERE: someone recommend a hairdresser to me
I can't cut my own anymore
I need a style
Apparently the wild woman of the jungle/rats nest/banshee look is out this year
That's the look ive been goin for for the past 4 years, it's when ya cant afford to visit your 85 euro hair stylist except at xmas and easter, but i really reccomend Julie at Dylan Bradshaw if ya have 85 euro. she gives cool haircuts.

what about aveda products?? huuuuuuuuuge aveda range in house o fraser in dundrum, they seem to have everything.

rowdy row tinka said:
yeah , but like i say, i hardly ever wear makeup but i'm fierce happy with it.
I love delux beauty as well, most natural lipstick ever, again only in america, and not tested on les animaux, maybe you can get it in Sephora in Europe too

I used to use nivea soft, for bleedin YEARS and it started giving me really really clogged pores and loads o zits, it's just way too heavy. So now I am a fan of oscillating between wildly expensive moisturiser splurge when I get paid type product and oil of olay.

Wormo said:
Where's Dylan Bradshaw? I'm willing to spend

Greasy moisturiser # 2: Nivea. Grow up nivea.

kirstie said:
I used to use nivea soft, for bleedin YEARS and it started giving me really really clogged pores and loads o zits, it's just way too heavy. So now I am a fan of oscillating between wildly expensive moisturiser splurge when I get paid type product and oil of olay.

I like neutrogena day protection whatever its called. The one with the spf15 in it.

OR - and i know this will start an argument - the yellow slop from clinique. Dramatically different moisturising lotion. I think I hear they use eggs in it. Or at the very least, extract of egg. Anyway I like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back