La QUIETE - Irish Tour // March (1 Viewer)

swingkid

Website
www.wfmu.org
Skinny Wolves presents:
La Quiete from Italy

laq06.jpg

For fans of Funeral Diner, Portraits of Past, Orchid, Mohinder etc....

DATES:
Thurday 10th March // Belfast - The Pavillion, Ormeau Road
Friday 11th March // Dublin - The Lower Deck, Portobello
Saturday 12th March // Limerick - The Boat Club

Other bands will be announced soon.

PRESS
"The emo style that they bawl is reminiscent of my favourite frantic French (go aliteration) stuff, i.e. bands like Jasemine, addled with a more modern chaotic hardcore approach. "

"The songs aren’t fast all the way but gradually become more intense, somewhat like Orchid or Neil Perry. Very screamy vocals are combined with dual vocal parts which give an extra intense touch to the songs. It seems that Italy is producing some great bands lately (go check out The Death of Anna Karina). "

"They sound like a mix of mid 90's emo such as Portraits of Past and more modern chaotic stuff like Orchid, which leads me to the natural conclusion: they are very much like Funeral Diner. It's a mixup of awesome melodic riffage and pounding drumming, harsh screamy vocals and faster, more erratic parts."

RELEASES
la quiete CD/10" : la fine non è la fine - heroine / react with protest
la quiete / the pine split 7" - broken hearts club
la quiete / k.c.milian split 7" - cragstan astronaut.
la quiete / catena collapse split 7" - heroine / adagio830
la quiete / the apoplexy twist orchestra split 7" - heroine
la quiete / acrimonie split 7" - life of hate
wayfarers all compilation lp - owlsa records
the microwave says to the pacemaker 2x7" - slave union records

upcoming releases
la quiete collection cd - perpetual motion machine
la quiete split w/ louise cyphre 7" - ehp
the shameless kiss of vanity vol3 lp (cure covers album)- release the bats

MP3's
http://www.hxcmp3.com/bands/8735/

07.jpg

here is a little teaser from the upcoming La Quiete / Louise Cyphre split 10"/CD. the record will be out in early 2005.

Its coming out on Electric Human Project
(also home to A Trillion Barnacle Lapse, Funeral Diner, Daughters, Light The Fuse And Run, Transistor Transistor, Hot Cross, Light The Fuse And Run, Page Ninety Nine, Usurp Synapse, Isis)

{click here}

swingkid said:
no time.
cork gets funeral diner
limerick gets la quiete!!

didnt funeral diner play the High Stool in Limerick?

(by the way ive been talkin to one of the lads in funeral diner and the yare looking to come back soon i think.. once the new record is finished)

brianMy Remorse said:

(by the way ive been talkin to one of the lads in funeral diner and the yare looking to come back soon i think.. once the new record is finished)

june 2005 in cork as far as i know...

brianMy Remorse said:

I had some of Funeral Diner records - sold them all.Not the biggest fan of them.Not too bad live i guess.

Someone should get Children of Fall back here!!bing Who organised that tour when they came?Fair play to em.

Rimbaud said:
I had some of Funeral Diner records - sold them all.Not the biggest fan of them.Not too bad live i guess.

Someone should get Children of Fall back here!!bing Who organised that tour when they came?Fair play to em.

Yes!! Alan interviewed them a while back and they are still going. It would be great to have them back, one of the best live bands ive seen.

I dont know who organised the tour though, we put them on in Cork, but not sure about the other shows?

C.O.F. have a new album coming out in th enext few months on Day After Records.And European tour in March/April - doubt they`ll be visiting these shores though.

Life At These Speeds would like to play here in September
Listen here - amazing band - http://www.killingcupid.net/say_yes.mp3
But Flo in Germany is the guy thats organising the tour and i don`t think Ireland ever fits into his routes.So again its doubtful.

But La Quiete!!Waaayheyy!!

brian - been talking to alan about youse having funeral diner back in cork in june..
eamo - i organised the COF gigs but they never contacted me again after the tour was finished..

UnIt SevEn said:
who the fuck goes to these gigs?? how do you not start laughing at them? although i suppose as long as they don't look you in the eye it's probably not too bad.

well i'm shocked and appalled.

belfast support is Thread Pulls from Dublin and Alma Mala from Belfast

Limerick support is Thread Pulls from Dublin and Kader Fire from Limerick!
Distro will be there on the night too, from either the La Quiete people or Rimbaud recs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back