Kurt Vile & the Violators, Whaleans, Sun 19 Feb 2012 (1 Viewer)

Cryptid

Offline for a few weeks - I needs to get some work
Website
thecrocodilequarter.tumblr.com
I've just noticed Alcest are playing the same night as this. Feck it.

I'm looking forward to shit like though:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Tickets are on tickets.ie, I got a couple this evening. Anyone going?

best spelling of that venue ever

I got a ticket. The 4-ticket package foggy was doing for 50 lids. This, war on drugs, cw stoneking and merill garbus. I only really wanted to go to the WOD and the TYs gig, but fuck it I'll go to the others too.

I checked out that tune the other day after reading a fair few positive plugs by so called tastemakers.

I'm too old for this shit

best spelling of that venue ever

That Scally fella from Beach House pronounced it like that at one of their gigs (worrying that I can't remember which one considering I've only been to two, or what the context was). I don't think I can ever go back to calling it Whelans though.

I got a ticket. The 4-ticket package foggy was doing for 50 lids. This, war on drugs, cw stoneking and merill garbus. I only really wanted to go to the WOD and the TYs gig, but fuck it I'll go to the others too.

Good stuff. Thanks for tip re War On Drugs. I've never actually heard any of their stuff, but I hear tell it's good. Must check them out. What's the TYs gig?

Good stuff. Thanks for tip re War On Drugs. I've never actually heard any of their stuff, but I hear tell it's good. Must check them out. What's the TYs gig?

TuneYards. Quite something to behold live, even though the albums are a bit hit and miss. Miss Garbus is quite the talent.

War on Drugs is Vile's old band.

I was hoping this would sound like GG Allin or some shit. Bollocks.

True, it doesn't sound nearly as punky as the name implies.

I checked out that tune the other day after reading a fair few positive plugs by so called tastemakers.

I'm too old for this shit

Maybe try this one..?

I think tastemakers (e.g. pitchfork, spin, nme) are only good for entertainment value (especially the nme). I can understand why people wouldn't be into this though - to be honest, I don't much like Kurt Vile's earlier stuff and I don't really rate Smoke Rings as a classic. I think it's a very good album though and I'm interested to see the live show.

I must check out the new EP actually. The Creature is very good.

TuneYards. Quite something to behold live, even though the albums are a bit hit and miss. Miss Garbus is quite the talent.

I've seen a couple of her performance videos and it's mind boggling stuff. I must admit I've an aversion to her last album for some reason which would put me off seeing her live. I think I read somewhere that her gigs are amazing alright - enjoy.

I was hoping this would sound like GG Allin or some shit. Bollocks.

Even the old punk band of that name aren't as nasty as they could have been. I still like them though.

I never heard of GG Allin til this thread. I saw his name appear in 2 other places since so I decided to look him up.

fuckin hell

Wow,he was almost a household name for a while there. when he was good,he was really good,but when he was shit,he was really shit.
Some of the people who played in his bands over the years are pretty interesting.

I never heard of GG Allin til this thread. I saw his name appear in 2 other places since so I decided to look him up.

fuckin hell

Hahahaha, my work here is done!

Like Gary says though, GG Allin made some bloody great music before he went nuts. This is another total classic:

I didn't enjoy this at all. I couldn't tell whether it was just me though half the crowd did look as bored as I was.

It did have its high points but then he'd go and ruin it by playing something crap. I think the new album is great. I hated the first album. And overall, I didn't think this gig was very good.

Though the Bruce cover was great.

spot on there scutter. i actually dozed off at one stage. standing up. and no drink taken. some songs were amazing but most of it was boring crap. he'll be back in the pepper playing to 10 people again.

doesnt sound like the gig I was at, thought it was excellent, the support band "windings" were good as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back