Krautrock (2 Viewers)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Airing the Can Live in Brighton 1975 album recently issued which I've been seeing in a few shops in the 40 quid range.

The sound of the recording is incredible... might just get the cd version.

Talk about laying down a groove.

Airing the Can Live in Brighton 1975 album recently issued which I've been seeing in a few shops in the 40 quid range.

The sound of the recording is incredible... might just get the cd version.

Talk about laying down a groove.

I’ve been meaning to check that out. I wish I had a time machine to see Can live. I saw Damo Suzuki with The Jimmy Cake about 20 years ago and it was the closest thing I’ve ever heard to it. Wish it had been recorded.

i saw can: solo projects in the olympia maybe 15 or 20 years ago. a friend worked for hot press and got us tickets; i didn't really have any knowledge of them back then, but some of the stuff played was class.
we were in one of the opera boxes and holger czukay was in the box beside ours.

went to see The Can Project a few years back in The Barbican. It was brilliant. Malcolm Mooney on vocals with a backing band of Thurston Moore, Debbie Goodge, Steve Shelley and more. Did all of Monster Movie with a selection of other MM vocals tunes and a good attempt at Mother Sky. Jaki Liebezeit was supposed to be drumming but sadly died a few months before. Got in your one from Tomaga/Vanishing Twin.

Was also a new Irmin Schmidt piece played by LSO before the gig. Possibly conducted by himself. Can't remember clearly. Pretty much an evening of Can related goodness. Talks, movie screenings and such. Love The Barbican and love Can. A perfect day.

I remember this thread - but a lot of it predates me having broadband internet.
so when it started (2006) I probably only had heard Tangerine Dream, Neu, Can, Kraftwerk.

I had HEARD OF Faust, Guru Guru, Cluster, Amon Duul, Harmonia and many others but never actually HEARD them.

was actually watching that Swedish Kraftwerk doc the other day. somehow I had never seen it before.
I'd say it's from the late 1990's and heavily featured Wolfgang and Karl.

I was recently listening to the CAN Brighton 75 and a few other concerts in that series from that era.
that 1977 live on TV version of Dizzy Dizzy is my fave thing I ever heard from them.

this Kraftwerk gig @ Fairfield Halls, 1975 is stellar. I'm sure it's heavily bootlegged.

probably everyone here knows this one but it's always staggering -
Kraftwerk - Soest 1970, live on Rockpalast TV

Cosmic Jokers - Galactic Supermarket (1974) w/ Klaus Schulze

good background story to these sessions - they were released and allegedly recorded (!) without the band's consent.

Cluster - Cluster 71

there was a resissue of this late last year, restoring the original 1971 gatefold sleeve.

Schnitzler (1939-2011) was someone I only heard shortly before he died. this LP came out last year and is really amazing, at the melodic end of his work but it's from the late 1970's.
Conrad Schnitzler - Paracon 1

EDIT:
final track on Paracon 1978-79 Paragon Sessions outtakes LP
a really beautiful melodic track. Asmus Tietchens thought this sounded like The Cure in his liner notes

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back