Koufax and the synth pop revolution... (1 Viewer)

Alan Remorse

this band deserve to be so huge, yet seem to be kinda unheard of. surely anyone with such heroic overuse of moog synths deserves to be a millionaire by default?

anyway, any other good obscure synth-pop bands i should know about?

Alan Remorse said:
this band deserve to be so huge, yet seem to be kinda unheard of. surely anyone with such heroic overuse of moog synths deserves to be a millionaire by default?

the Normal are pretty deadly
only released one single in 78, Warm Leatherette

Synergy are good too
prog synth stuff

these guys are awesome
http://www.baddudes.us/

analogue synths are the only way to go!
i've recently switched all my gear to analogue, it makes live stuff a bit more nervewracking, but the difference in sound is unreal

yes yes... has anyone heard the Anniversary record "Designing A Nervous Breakdown"? it's my favourite pop record.

george mcfly said:
the Normal are pretty deadly
only released one single in 78, Warm Leatherette
is that really the only thing they ever did? it's fantastic.

more synthpop:

les georges leningrad
gary numan
the sugababes song with the gary numan sample

um... oblique publique.

i've a split 7" of koufax and reggie and the full effect... tis good.. if i remember correctly due to not having been near a record player in several millennia :(

heard some stuff off yon annivarsary record on a vagrant recs sampler a few years ago alan, it is indeed awfully lovely.

tom. said:
is that really the only thing they ever did? it's fantastic.

more synthpop:

les georges leningrad
gary numan
the sugababes song with the gary numan sample

um... oblique publique.
Daniel Miller, did some stuff as Silicon Teens, but Warm Leatherette was the only release by the Normal

Tubeway Army rule up until The Pleasure Principle
after that there's not much that floats my boat

Alan Remorse said:

i'm confused.

google led me to http://www.koufaxmusic.com/.

downloaded the mp3.

sounds like the strokes.

is this a different koufax?

tom. said:
i'm confused.

google led me to http://www.koufaxmusic.com/.

downloaded the mp3.

sounds like the strokes.

is this a different koufax?
maybe that's a new song? they probably got sick of getting nowhere and sold out. the early albums are brilliant, like Ben Folds Five mixed with the Anniversary and The Replacements.

was that the "another year on the streets" comp liadain? the anniversary recorded a second album which was truly terrible, but that first album is perfection

yes, yes it was. i may even dig out said comp for my impending train journey to cork.

in other news - apparently JARBOE is going to be playing at the NEUROSIS gig! whaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if it's true

in yet other news, i have acquired the mike patton et al remixes of isis 'oceanic' on CLEAR VINYL but i've yet to figure out how to get the CLINGFILM off without RUINING the STICKER on the COVER.

and, er, the koufax song i have is about minor chords.. "why is it every song has one?" etc.
there we go.

yeah, the songs by the anniversary on that comp are class. they split up and three members are in The Only Children, who i havent heard yet.

that koufax song isnt really their best, but still pretty good.

sorry, i appear to have temporarily taken a tangent away from le synth-pop and towards the 'what i'm going to listen to on the train today' territory.

did anyone see the view the other night? apparently there was a good band on it, but i missed them. who were they?

Alan Remorse said:
M83 are a synthy type band who are excellent...kinda like MBV without guitars.

Gerling and Regurgitator are two Aussie bands who make synthy, guitary sounds and are pretty damn amazing.

"Children of Telepathic Experience" and "When Young Terrorists Chase the Sun" are two albums by Gerling worth checking out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back