Knitting (1 Viewer)

Haha! That's a good story. It's ok to be a bloke knitter these days.
http://knittingguy.blogspot.com/
http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEsummer05/PATThardcore.html

orange pekoe, I used to get sore shoulders and arms when I took up knitting first. I think if it happens when you concentrate too hard. Once you can knit without thinking about it the pain goes away.

I can knit fairly well without having to think about it too much - my arms are fucked from a combination of typing over the years and having arthritis in my neck. I need another course of physio. Unfortunately funds won't allow it at the moment.

I can knit fairly well without having to think about it too much - my arms are fucked from a combination of typing over the years and having arthritis in my neck. I need another course of physio. Unfortunately funds won't allow it at the moment.
:(

It's not that bad i suppose. I can just take up shouting at the tv again, but without the pointing and fist waving.

Its mad the way when our whole class was knitting no one had any idea that it was a girly. Our sphere of existence in Irishtown.
One of the better knitters, the lad that sat beside me, was put away for GBH (on a cop?) last I heard of him.

Great knitter so he was. I'd be figiting about in my chair, chattering, and Graham there would be so concentrated he couldn't hear people talking to him. And, then afterwards, he'd be calm.
Normally he was all over the shop. Even when we were 8 everyone knew he'd end up in jail.
At least he'll have that to pass the time wha?

Wow, that really says a lot! From the point of view of social constructionism, it shows how seeing something as 'girly' is a learned trait; also it shows how having something to focus the mind on and create can calm you down and lead to better concentration.

Wow, that really says a lot! From the point of view of social constructionism, it shows how seeing something as 'girly' is a learned trait; also it shows how having something to focus the mind on and create can calm you down and lead to better concentration.

I'm not sure if there was better concentration, maybe, but I felt there was much less of a chance that he would freak out and batter me.
He never did batter me in the end. We were mates. It was a bit nerve wracking sitting beside him though. He was one of those lads that was starting to sweat and go bald when he was 11.

I looked forward to Fridays because of the knitting aspect, since I knew that Graham would be chilled out from then on.

I'm knitting this blanket yoke

5015161000412.jpg

I'm being very ambitious :)

Here, do people put booties on babies anymore? A goodly protion of my mates seem to be procreating these days - should i be presenting them with booties?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back