Kids tv that won't turn your brain to mush... (1 Viewer)

When we were in France last summer with all the in-laws egg_ jr. (about 18 months old at the time) said "merci" to a waitress a few times and I felt real proud ... then the waitress went away and she said "where's merci gone?"

And then we went into a church and she started shouting at the crucifix "LADY! GET DOWN!"

:D

When we were in France last summer with all the in-laws egg_ jr. (about 18 months old at the time) said "merci" to a waitress a few times and I felt real proud ... then the waitress went away and she said "where's merci gone?"

And then we went into a church and she started shouting at the crucifix "LADY! GET DOWN!"

cutest story ever

Barney can fuck off.If anyone's curious to know how republicans see america's children then thats the show to watch.That and Lazy Town;Pass the fucking Ritalin please.

what the fuck is up with that show anyway?

This man in a tight costume with a 'tasche is chasing some small girl?

I got my neice a lazy town set that included a pink wig (something to do with stephanie) for christmas and it was an absolute sensation. She won't leave the house without it. Rock on uncle Ro.

When I was last "between jobs", I used to occasionally find myself flicking through the channels in the morning, stopping at The Bear In The Big Blue House and not moving on for 5-10 minutes.

My secret shame.

Sport= Good

sportacus.jpg

I was knocking around Blackrock shopping centre there the other day and they have a boat with Bear In The Blue House in it that kids can sit in and it moves about, my daughter spent about 10mins trying to wrestle with her desire to have a go on the boat and her absolute terror of sitting beside a big fuck off plastic bear... in the end we decided to gave it a miss..

Just saying if you did *really* want to hug Bear, you could head up there

oh and The Backyardigans

it's sort of lame, CGI animals have imaginary adventures, it's big on the imagination thing, but whats cool is every show is a musical and has one musical theme (reggae, mambo, folk) and ties in every song with a strong melodic motif, the music is arranged and performed by this fella Smokey Hormel, who's played with Tom Waits, Cibo Mato, Beck, Johnny Cash.., serious mother fucking guitarist, i think dudes from John Zorns band play on it too. You'd not really notice, it's very sacherinne kids orintated stuff (no howling feeedback or smashed metal) but the ideas going on there are really smart and very well written

Anyhow, I finally got to see the scrolling credits by pausing the DVD and discovered to my surprise that the list of musicians reads like a Tzadik session roster: Evan Lurie, Doug Weiselman, Greg Cohen, Smokey Hormel, Tony Scherr, Ben Perowsky, Steven Bernstein, Kenny Wollesen… Totally cool. (It's practically Sex Mob doing the soundtrack!)

shame the actual program is a bit ho-hum

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back