Kids tv that won't turn your brain to mush... (2 Viewers)

Wölflinge

Website
www.vickylangan.com
For those of you with "the channels", nick jr. turns into nick classics in the evening time (i think the changeover is about 8pm)

Rainbow
classic Thomas the tank engine
Button Moon (my favourite)
The Herbs
Crystal Tips and Alastair
Paddington
The Wombles
Portland Bill (really lovely music)
The Clangers
Bagpuss

Makes for a great relief from Balamory et al...

The Electric Company and classic Sesame Street DVDs are available now- fun for the kids and a nostalgia trip for the parents

loads of clips on YouTube

taking the kids for a spin in the car is also a good way of entertianing them

sub forum on cars maybe?

My five-year-old nephew loves Thomas the Tank Engine and has developed a posh accent and impressive vocabulary from it. As his birthday in October he described himself as 'overwhelmed'.

archie.gif

i admit to being quite fond of archie and cbeebies is a hell of a lot more educational compared to being blasted out of it with Socky and Emma and that fucking bandstand.

Bear in the Big Blue House is one of the best contemporary children's programmes. My niece and nephew love it, as do their parents.

Bear is cool.
We only have 2 channels here and rarely have "the TV" on although they watch a lot of stuff on DVD.
Favs:
Thomas
Rubberdubbers
Bob the Builder
David Atenborough (anything)
Toy Story 1 & 2
Muppets

balamory is cool simply cos they ripped off alice cooper for the theme music.

In one episode they did a song with the police man that ripped off Boehemian Rhaposy, even ripped off shots from the video, amazing stuff. I like Balamory lots.

Nick Jr classics is great, though the kiddo is a little scared of Button Moon sometimes (to be fair some of the puppets are like bad acid trips, flying umbrella, talking shoes etc, etc, etc). We also like Boomerang as well cause it shows hours of Tom & Jerry, which is amazing and so ultra violent and senseless compare to modern kids stuff... sometimes Sensless Ultra Violence is important too.

does anyone know the words to the tune in that radio ad for some show on TG4 where the teacher is getting her class to sing a song that starts "john joe got run over by a Massey..." and ends with something like "left me with (something) and a knackered chassis"? i have it stuck in my head except i dont know the words

my little two and a half yr old cousin is obsessed with sportacus..he shows off his exercises when its on and loves eating veggies..so it gets a rousing two thumbs up from all our family:)

he also loves thomas the tank engine..

i think kids are getting smarter..daves 3 year old cousin used 'actually' in the proper context a few weeks ago..oh when she went to barcelona she could speak a wee bit of spanish to people all thanks to dora..

i think kids are getting smarter..daves 3 year old cousin used 'actually' in the proper context a few weeks ago..oh when she went to barcelona she could speak a wee bit of spanish to people all thanks to dora..
When we were in France last summer with all the in-laws egg_ jr. (about 18 months old at the time) said "merci" to a waitress a few times and I felt real proud ... then the waitress went away and she said "where's merci gone?"

And then we went into a church and she started shouting at the crucifix "LADY! GET DOWN!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back