Kids + festivals (1 Viewer)

Dromed

Website
Visit site
Some of yer nippers are probably a bit small for taking trips to festivals just yet..but in theory...would you bring yours along?

Glastonbury is free in for kids under 12 but the sheer size of the place kind of scares the life out of me (and if I'm honest crusty's with dogs on string). But seriously thinking about electric picnic this year...does anyone know anyone that had kids with them at electric picnic last year in the 'family' campsite?

Didn't go to Elec Pic last year but did the year before and brought egg_ jr. (then 5 months old). It was a kinda different experience with a kid there, but still v enjoyable

Planning to go this year without her though

Ah you must have got lots of female attention walking around with a litle 5 month old cutie with you?!

Did you camp?

I reckon my little guy will love the camping bit and the music and the general atmosphere but i'm wondering is he at the stage where he'll maybe understand a bit too much..in other words when you've a 5 month old with you they don't care about peeps running around locked or out of it but I know my dude will be like 'eh mum what's wrong with that man's face?' Eeek!

Some of yer nippers are probably a bit small for taking trips to festivals just yet..but in theory...would you bring yours along?

Glastonbury is free in for kids under 12 but the sheer size of the place kind of scares the life out of me (and if I'm honest crusty's with dogs on string). But seriously thinking about electric picnic this year...does anyone know anyone that had kids with them at electric picnic last year in the 'family' campsite?

The crusty's are long gone from Glasto. It's all very middle class these days and you really don't see that many mongoed people as there used to be. Any kids I've ever seen there have been having a ball. If I had a kid, I'd certainly have no problem bringing one along. You could stay the whole day in the circus and theatre fields and have a great time. It's much more sociable and kid-friendly there and in the Greenfields.

I'm too selfish to bring the sprog to the 'picnic or whatever. Too busy getting madouva to look after her. This year I might bring her though as I had a laugh with my friends' kids last year and I'm too old to be passing out at festivals.

We were up in Roscommon last year and it was a disgrace the amount of kids left to roam about while their parents were out of it. If you bring you kids to any festival, you should be prepared to be with them every second of it as so many kids go lost every year and end up getting any education they dont want

Ah you must have got lots of female attention walking around with a litle 5 month old cutie with you?!
I did! Every time Mrs. egg_ went to the jacks the chicks would start to appear :)

Did you camp?
Nope, stayed with a friend nearby. Still spent half the night up with her ...

I reckon my little guy will love the camping bit and the music and the general atmosphere but i'm wondering is he at the stage where he'll maybe understand a bit too much..in other words when you've a 5 month old with you they don't care about peeps running around locked or out of it but I know my dude will be like 'eh mum what's wrong with that man's face?' Eeek!
Say "he's on drugs". I don't think it's that big a deal, is it?

Christ no i won't be doing the 'Drugs' talk for a bit..he's only seven. If he sees someone drunk in town he's telling straight away...finger pointing and in loud voice..."look at how drunk that man is mum!!!!" - so i guess if he goes everyone will just be a bit 'drunk'.

I wouldn't touch anything like that with him around..few smokes maybe, that would be it though...can't imagine how someone could do that.

Earplugs!!! You're mostly outdoors anyway..so you can move back if it's too loud.

Yep Egg..I suspect there'll be a load of 'talks' on the horizon. So far the funniest have been prompted by questions like why do boys have nipples (..eek!) and why do girls have to sit down when they pee, why it's better not to pick chewing gum off the road and why you can't moon your teacher when they give out to you.

Fascinating stuff.

Would love to bring the little fella to Electric Picnic this year - reckon he'd love it.

no to kids and festivals.

they were let run riot at mantua and were acting like little shites and annoying everyone.
if they were to be allowed they should be on a leash and not given any stimulants and be in bed before the crazies come out at night and freak them out

is it not really loud and fucks up their eardrums?
attachment.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

M Stevens & The Ghasts + Vega Storm
Wexford Street
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back