Kids at festivals (3 Viewers)

kids at festivals

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Depends entirely on the parents. I've seen kids taken well care of by parents at festivals, i've had little shits throwing crab apples at me, demanding money to stop, and we've all seen/heard of kids off their faces at festivals. It's totally down to the parents, and if the folks are willing to take care of them, i think it's great for them.

Using leechrum(Sai festival) for an example. They went around stealing bottles of water beer and a few other things then asked everyone in sight if they wanted to buy them.

We had'nt been to bed at about 10 in the morning and were chilling out in the one of the big event tents. These little kids come in with beer and they seemed like they were sent from god as we all needed something to take the edge off us if you know what I mean. One of the lads gives the little shit 2 euro and he runs off, the can was burst from the bottom but still had the ring pull on it. Very funny

i thought it was crazy how a lot of the kids at sai were just tearin shit up on their own

if they were my kids they'd be at home doing maths and performing short plays

i thought it was crazy how a lot of the kids at sai were just tearin shit up on their own

if they were my kids they'd be at home doing maths and performing short plays

They had it well sussed. Them boys certainly knew how to make a euro or two, fair play to the little shits

glastonbury: yes
certain festival in ireland: no

Glastonbury is a completely different vibe to any other festival i've been at and i would have no issues bringing a kid along to it provided you recognise that they're still a kid and look after them. I don't think any kid needs to see the kind of stuff that passes for an irish festival though.

new question:

should people with dreadlocks be sterilized?

OH NO YOU DIDN'T
dreadlocks.jpg

We brought ours (5 months old at the time) to the Electric Picnic last year. She seemed to enjoy it, esp Toots and The Flaming Lips. Wouldn't bring her now cos she's too fearless, she'd be running off all the time - she'd still enjoy it, I'm sure, but we'd spend the whole time chasing her and it would be no fun for us. Maybe in another few years when she gets a bit more sense

I don't think I'd bring her to The Festival That Must Not Be Named, the atmosphere seems to be too unpleasant. In general though I think it's nice not to separate the adult world from the child world too much

i've seen kids at festivals having a laugh and generally think it is good fun for them.

what about their ears?

this is really a question about childcare, isn't it? are the government doing enough? i'd say...........................................

no

I'm hapless enough daddywise without having to stagger after my nipper demanding my Powers back in a mess of slurred expletives. I bet my missus could handle it though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back