Kid Creole and the Coconuts (1 Viewer)

Ok, just for you......

The Coconuts were rides. The venue wasn't ideal and we had seats towards the back which meant we missed out a little in terms of sound and also we couldn't always see the stage perfectly. The band were absolutely top notch, Kid Creole has unbelievable presence and the guy he had with him, Bongo Eddie was deadly too. Disappointed by the Coconuts, their dancing was cool, they looked amazing but their singing wasn't up to much. Annie I'm not your Daddy was dedicated to all the illegitimate children out there - you know who you are. Stool Pigeon was the first one to get the crowd dancing. No Fish Today was sort of performed as a schmoozy love song which doesn't make much sense but sounded great.Other favourites they played were I'm a Wonderful Thing Baby, Gina Gina and a deadly cover of My Boy Lollipop. More costume changes than a Mr Benn boxset.

Really enjoyable gig just wished it was a little better. Oh and I would have liked if they played stuff off Off The Coast Of Me.

Right, cool, thanks, wish I had been there. I would also wish they played stuff from Off the Coast of Me.

Don't suppose they played A Girl like Mimi?

Hey Wobbler, have you got this album? all songs by written and produced by August Darnell. It sounds like Off the Coast of Me part deux and is absolutely brilliant.

cristina-a2.jpg

the Spooks in Space one is good as well although less Creole related.

0.jpg

I'm gonna get this one next

dafa1l.jpg

There's also the Elbow Bones and the Racketeers stuff which i'll have to hunt down......

Dr. Buzzards first album is 10/10 genius. Fast becoming one of my favourite albums of all time. Their second album is almost the very same but total rubbish. I don't know how they did it but it's just full of dull, meandering dirges

I'll let you know how good their third album is when I get it, it's supposed to be a return to form but I have my doubts.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back